Her finner du ukens søknadsfrister
Current research funding announcements/deadlines (external)
- Research Council of Norway (Forskningsrådet NFR):
a) ERA-Net TRANSCAN-2 announces a call “Minimally and non-invasive methods for early detection and/or progression of cancer”. That includes screening of the general population, risk stratification, surveillance of high-risk groups, minimally invasive Methods.
Deadline: for pre-proposals is 13 February 2017b) FORNY2020 announces funding for skills upgrading, structural improvement and networking. Søkere anbefales å sende inn skisser før 1. november.The programme provides funding to Technology Transfer Offices (TTOs) affiliated with the research institutions.
Deadline: 15 February 2017 (Applicants are advised to submit sketches before 1 November)c) ERA-Net EuroNanoMed III cofund announcement supports projects that combine innovative research in basic, clinical and industrial nanomedicine. The announcement will have three themes: Regenerative medicine • Regenerative Medicine • Diagnostics • Diagnostics • Targeted delivery systems • Targeted delivery systems
Deadlines:1. trinn søknadsfrist 16.01.2017 first stage 16 January 2017, second stage 9 June 2017
d) ERA-Net CoBioTech co-funded call for transnational collaborative research projects: “Biotechnology for a sustainable bioeconomy”. Deadline: for pre-proposals 2 March 2017
e) BEDREHELSE: NOK 40 million to joint Indo-Norwegian researcher projects on antimicrobial resistance. Deadline: 26 April 2017
f) Programmes BEDREHELSE, BIONÆR, MILJØFORSK and BIOTEK2021 announcing funding for networking that will contribute to cooperation on antimicrobial resistance in a «One Health» – perspective. Deadline: 15 February 2017
g) SYNKNØYT: up to 20 million for synchrotron and neutron-based research. Deadline: 15 February 2017
New RCN is planning a joint call of the four programs (BEDREHELSE, HELSEVEL, KVINNEHELSE, BEHANDLING) within Health. One P.I. may submit one application only, i.e. will have to choose between the four programs. Deadline: 26 April
There will be an information meeting in Trondheim on the 14th of February. The meeting will be streamed.
- trinn søknadsfrist 09.06.2017Fullstendig utlysning fra EuroNanoMed III planlegges publisert 14.11.2016. Søknadsprosessen vil ha to trinn:2. Horizon 2020 – several Calls
Selected H2020 deadlines 2017:
European Research Council (ERC) Frontier research grants
Consolidator Grant: is designed to support excellent Principal Investigators at the career stage at which they may still be consolidating their own independent research team or programme. Deadline: 9 February 2017.
Marie Sklodovska-Curie Actions (MSCA) Excellent and innovative research training plus attractive career and knowledge-exchange opportunities through cross-border and cross-sector mobility, no thematic priorities.
Research and Innovation Staff Exchange (MSCA-RISE-2017): RISE gives support for mobility and exchanges of research and innovation staff, incl. managerial, technical and administrative staff between institutions in different sectors or with research institutions in countries outside of Europe. Deadline: 5 April 2017
Information meeting MSCA-RISE 20 January 2017, RCN Oslo
Societal Challenges (SC): Collaborative breakthrough research and radical innovation
SC1-2017 Health, demographic change and wellbeing:
The headline goal of the programme ‘Health, Demographic Change and Wellbeing’ is better health for all. Its main policy objectives are to improve health and wellbeing outcomes, to promote healthy and active ageing, to promote market growth, job creation, and the EU as a global leader in the health area.
Personalised medicine, single-stage
SC1-PM-15_2017: Personalised coaching for well-being and care of people as they age
SC1-HCO-17-2017: Support for large scale uptake of Digital Innovation for Active and Healthy Ageing Deadline: 31 January 2017
- SC1-PM-17-2017: Personalised computer models and in-silico systems for well-being
- SC1-PM-16-2017: In-silico trials for developing and assessing biomedical products
- SC1-PM-19-2017: PPI for uptake of standards for the exchange of digitalised healthcare records Deadline: 14 March 2017
- SC1-PM-03-2017: Diagnostic characterisation of rare diseases
- SC1-PM-20-2017: Methods research for improved health economic evaluation
- SC1-PM-11-2016-2017: Clinical research on regenerative medicine
- SC1-HCO-03-2017: Implementing the Strategic Research Agenda on Personalised Medicine
- SC1-HCO-07-2017: Global Alliance for Chronic Diseases (GACD)
- SC1-HCO-08-2017: Actions to bridge the divide in European health research and innovation
Deadline: 11 April 2017
Horizon 2020 – Complementary Calls
- Understanding hypoglycaemia: the underlying mechanisms and addressing clinical determinants as well as consequences for people with diabetes by combining databases from clinical trials
- How big data could support better diagnosis and treatment outcomes for prostate cancer
- Improving the care of patients suffering from acute or chronic pain
- Creation of a pan-European paediatric clinical trials network
- Biomanufacturing 2020: Development of innovative high throughput analytical tools and methods to characterize cell culture fluid during development and commercial cell culture processes
- Unlocking the solute carrier gene-family for effective new therapies
- Enhanced patient voice in medicines lifecycle
- Precision medicines approaches in autism spectrum disorders
Deadline: for stage one submission 28 March 2017
b) The Third EU Health Programme is the main instrument that the Commission uses to implement the EU Health Strategy. Call for proposals for Pilot Projects on the following topics:
- PP-2-1-2016: Establishing a Registry of Rare Congenital Malformations (as part of the Rare Diseases Registry), drawing on the structure, organization and experience of the Registry of Congenital Malformations
- PP-2-2-2016: Mentally – access to mental health care and improving mental health literacy
- PP-2-3-2016: Severe mental disorders and the risk of violence: pathways through care and effective treatment strategies
- PP-2-4-2016: INTEGRATE: Development of integrated strategies to monitor and treat chronic and rheumatic diseases: the role of quality indicators and patient reported outcomes in addition to the physician evaluation of disease activity and damage
- PP-2-5-2016: Pilot project — Primary prevention courses for girls living in areas with higher risk of breast cancer
Deadline: 31 January 2017’
Deadline: 21 March 2017
Read more (information and routines for application): http://www.uib.no/en/horizon2020
PES (Project establishment support) and POS (posisjoneringsmidler) for Horizon2020 applicants (Norges Forskningsråd/UiB): open-ended during Horizon2020 Call period. You can apply for PES support by filling in PES application form (which is given on the above linked page) and sending it to Kristin.Hansen@uib.no.
4. K.G. Jebsen Foundation
Call 2017 – K.G. Jebsen Centres for Medical Research. The overall aim of this program is to facilitate the process in which important results as regards the pathogenesis of diseases, diagnostics and therapy lead to improved treatment of patients in the future. MOF/UiB and Haukeland University Hospital can nominate 4 centre applications in total. Collaboration is encouraged.
Important! Deadline: Prequalification (2 pages project description + 3 pages CVs: center leader and group leaders + 1 page publications list for the period 2012-2016) 24 January (MOF), full proposal 3 April 2017
5. Bergens Forsknings Stiftelse (BFS)
Call for: Nominations – Recruitment Programme – Prequalification. Long-term funding to develop young national or international candidates with outstanding academic merit and research potential into successful research leaders. Candidates must be nominated by UiB faculties. Please contact Institute administration regarding the nomination process.
Deadline: 15 March 2017. MOF internal deadline 8 March
6. EEA/Norway Grants
Deadline: 30 April 2017
7. Nord Forsk:
New instrument for Nordic University Cooperation: Nordic University Hubs: The overall goal of the new funding instrument is to strengthen international competitiveness and facilitate the development of world leading research environments in the Nordic region. Deadline: 3 May 2017
Novo Nordisk Foundation
- a) The Novo Nordisk Foundation Excellence Project for young researchers consists of up to four five-year grants of 5 million Danish kroner each. Relevant research fields are basic, translational and/or clinical endocrinology or metabolism research. Deadline: 20 January 2017
9. The Throne-Holst Foundation
The Throne-Holst Foundation promotes research in human nutrition and related sciences. 1-2 million SEK are available for Nordic researchers going abroad, or international guest researchers coming to Norway or Sweden. Deadline: 1 March 2017
10. The LEO-foundation: grants for dermatological research projects. The LEO Foundation supports international dermatological research projects and activities that address issues in disease understanding, disease treatment, disease awareness and patient wellbeing.
Deadline: several in 2017, starting on 3 February
- Pre-announcement Active and Assisted Living (AAL): aims to fund ICT based projects with a clear market orientation that support older adults to live healthy, independently and actively. Deadline: call intends to launch in February
New The AAL Central Info & Partnering Day is planned for the 6th of March 2017 in Brussels.
12. Pre-announcement Joint Programming Initiative on Antimicrobial Resistance (JPIAMR): call for prevention and intervention strategies to control AMR infections. The primary aim is to compare prevention, control, and intervention strategies to prevent the development, transmission of AMR infections. Deadline: call intends to launch in February
13. Pre-announcement A healthy diet for a healthy life (JPI HDHL): call is to support multinational, collaborative research projects that address important research questions regarding the cause-and-effect relationships between diet, the intestinal microbiome and human health. Deadline: call intends to launch on 26 January
New 14. JPND (Joint Programme – Neurodegenerative Disease Research) launched a joint trans-national call for multinational research projects for pathway analysis. This call invites proposals for ambitious, innovative, multinational and multidisciplinary collaborative research projects to perform network analyses across diseases (Alzheimer and Parkinson diseases), in order to further elucidate the common underlying mechanisms involved. Deadline: 6 March 2017
15. Pre-announcement of the “2nd Joint Transnational Call for European Research Projects on Systems Medicine (ERACoSysMed). The central aim of ERACoSysMed is to enhance the implementation of Systems Biology approaches in medical concepts, research and practice throughout Europe and Israel by structuring, coordinating and integrating national efforts and investments. Deadline: call is scheduled to open on February 3 2017
16. Regional research Vestlandet announced funding for regional researcher project. Regional research projects will contribute to new knowledge about issues relevant to the region and theme within regional development. Deadline: 15 February 2017
Fellowships and Personal Grants
Research on the molecular mechanisms of life at all levels.
Deadline: throughout the year.
Deadline: 12 February
Deadline: 31 January 2017
New 3. Novo Nordisk Foundation: a call for postdoctoral fellowships for research within biotechnology-based synthesis and production. These fellowships support fundamental and applied research projects aimed at generating products in improved and more sustainable ways.
Deadline: 31 January 2017
4. The European & Developing Countries Clinical Trials Partnership (EDCTP):.
Senior Fellowships aims to support capacity development of potential African research leaders using the train-the-trainer. Deadline: 1 February 2017
Clinical Research and Development Fellowships to support researchers and key members of clinical trial research teams from low- and middle-income countries Deadline: 2 February 2017
Career Development Fellowships aims to provide funding to actions that aim to support junior to mid-career researchers (“fellows”) to train and develop their clinical research skills. Deadline: 28 February 2017
1. H2020 European Health Brokerage Event: This international brokerage event will help you to build up your proposal for final calls of the 2016 -2017 Health work programme, which will still be open in 2017. Zagreb, 19 January 2017.
2. Swiss Nordic Bio 2017 : Swiss and Nordic biotech, pharmaceutical companies and investors meet in one-to-one meetings and present themselves in plenum, 8 February 2017, Zürich. Registration until 20 January 2017
New 3.The 3rd conference of the International Rare Diseases Research Consortium (IRDiRC) will take place February 8-9, 2017 in Paris. Registration for IRDiRC 2017 is now open!
3. Successful R&I in Europe 2017 – 8th European Networking Event: Participants are invited to become involved in established and new technology networks between researchers, entrepreneurs and multipliers related to Horizon 2020, 2-3 March 2017, Düsseldorf, Germany.
4. Course: «Writing Successful H2020 Proposals». The most popular course organized by RCN will take place in Bergen with trainers: Eugene Sweeney and Joe Gorman. Registration is open, so please hurry up to sign up for the course, since the event will soon be fully booked. Bergen, 23, 24 May 2017.
Funding for cooperation in higher education
Student Affairs manages and coordinates student and staff mobility. Staff members can apply for Erasmus + mobility funds by August 20, and on January 20. Information about student grants and other information can be found at www.uib.no/student/erasmus and employee websites
http://www.uib.no/foransatte/86439/studentmobilitet (Link in Norwegian)
Deadline: 20 January 2017
Erasmus + Global mobility allows Norwegian higher education institutions (HEI) to send and receive students and staff to / from partner countries outside the EU / EEA. The application must be submitted by a HEI in Norway. Individuals cannot apply directly. Student and/or employees must apply to their home institution. Deadline: 2 February 2017 (12.00)
This action which aims to support the modernisation, accessibility and internationalisation of higher education in the Partner Countries is to be carried out in the context of the priorities identified in the Communications “Increasing the impact of EU Development Policy: an Agenda for Change” and “European Higher Education in the World”.
Advisory body: SIU Deadline: 9 February 2017
The Norwegian University Center in St. Petersburg – funding for scientific networking (Link in Norwegian)
The Norwegian University Center in St. Petersburg offer funding for researchers or institutions who want to develop professional networking and cooperation. Funding is allocated to up to four network à NOK. 250.000 for April 2017-December 2018. Deadline: 15 February 2017
Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degrees (EMJMD)
An EMJMD is a high-level integrated international study programme of 60, 90 or 120 ECTS credits, delivered by an international consortium of HEIs from different countries and. There is no limitation in terms of discipline. EMJMD proposals at application stage must present fully developed joint study programmes, ready to run and to be advertised worldwide immediately after their selection.
Deadline: 16 February 2017 (12.00 CET)
Erasmus+ Knowledge Alliances
Knowledge Alliances between higher education institutions and enterprises aim to foster innovation, entrepreneurship, creativity, employability, knowledge exchange and/or multidisciplinary teaching and learning. Advisory body: SIU Deadline: 27 February 2017
The Nordplus programme of the Nordic Council of Ministers
The Nordplus programme of the Nordic Council of Ministers, invites Nordic and Baltic teachers, educators and their institutions to apply for programme funds for the year 2017. Institutions which are working within the field of teaching and education, you can now apply for Nordplus funding of transnational student, pupil or teacher mobility, as well as joint project and network activity between the educational institutions/organisations of Denmark, Estonia, Faroe Islands, Finland, Greenland, Iceland, Latvia, Lithuania, Norway, Sweden or Åland. Deadline: 1 March 2017
Peder Sather Grant Program
The Peder Sather Center for Advanced Study supports projects carried out by researchers at UC Berkeley in collaboration with researchers from nine Norwegian universities. The Center offers grants of between $10K and $25K. Funds are made available for one academic year. Grants can support activities such as workshops, mini-conferences, virtual intellectual exchanges, the undertaking of exploratory and pilot studies, activities such as PhD student exchanges, longer-term stays for Principal Investigators, the collection and analysis of data, and other core research activities. For more information, see http://sathercenter.berkeley.edu/ Deadline: 1 March 2017
Transnational Strategic Partnerships aimed to develop initiatives addressing one or more fields of education training and youth and promote innovation, exchange of experience and know-how between different types of organisations involved in education, training and youth or in other relevant fields. Certain mobility activities are supported in so far as they contribute to the objectives of the Project Advisory body: SIU Deadline: 29 March 2017
Nærings-ph.d. (Industrial PhD)
The overall objectives are to increase the recruitment of researchers to Norwegian industry, to boost long-term competence building and increase research efforts in business and industry and to enhance interaction between academia and industry. Deadline: Continuing
Funding for companies with employees seeking to pursue a doctoral degree
Funding is available for new candidates under the Industrial Ph.D. scheme, with project start-up in 2016. Grant proposals are not confined to particular thematic areas or industries. Deadline: Continuing
Research and Innovation in the Educational Sector (FINNUT)
FINNUT is a long-term programme for research and innovation in the educational sector. The programme funds research on a wide spectrum from early childhood education and care to higher education and adult learning. Deadline: Continuing
Mobility grants North America in educational research (UTNAM)
The aim of the mobility grant is to contribute to increased cooperation between Norwegian and North American educational researchers through supporting visits to Norway for the purpose of research or dissemination for top North American educational researchers. The scheme will also contribute to the dissemination of results of North American research to Norway and furthermore contribute to competence building in Norwegian research communities. Grants will be awarded for visits of shorter or longer duration. Deadline: Continuing