Her finner du ukens søknadsfrister:
Current research funding announcements/deadlines (external)
1. Research Council of Norway (Forskningsrådet NFR):
a) HELSEVEL pilot projects to develop innovation projects for health-, care- and welfareservices. The studies shall lay the foundation for developing applications to innovation projects in public sector which is planned to be tendered with deadline in October 2016.
Deadline: 17 February 2016
b) Vision2030: Innovation in education and health to help combat poverty. The purpose of this call for project outlines is to obtain innovative project concepts for development assistance within health and education.
Deadline: 17 February 2016
c) IKTPLUSS: ICT- lighthouse for health, care and welfare. The target of this call is to develop health, care and welfare ICT solutions for the future within one or more of the following topics: Digital health services; Digital cooperation; Digital welfare; Digital medicine.
Deadline: 17 February 2016
d) INTPART: Funding for studies or research in China. The Chinese government offers up to 10 scolarships for Norwegian students or researchers who wish to study or conduct research at a Chinese institution.
Deadline: 15 March 2016
e) Integrating and opening research infrastructures of European interest. Open call to bring together, integrate on European scale, and open up key national and regional research infrastructures to all European researchers. It is possible to join already established consortia.
- Vaccine infrastructures
- Experimental facilities for animal disease and infectiology (including zoonoses)
- Centres for replacement, reduction and refinement (3 Rs) of non-human primate testing
- Research Infrastructures for the control of vector-borne diseases
Deadline: 30 March 2016
f) Pre-Announcement BEDREHELSE: Intervention research, effect and implementation of health promotion and preventive measures. Research has to be cross-sectoral and requires close collaboration with partners who decide and implement measures: public sector, private sector, NGOs and other partners locally, nationally and internationally.
Deadline: 20 April 2016
g) Pre-Announcement BEHANDLING: Topic rehabilitation defined as limited in time, planned processes with clear targets and measures, where several participants are working together to provide the necessary assistance to the patient and the user’s own efforts to achieve the best possible functioning and coping ability, independence and participation socially and in society
Deadline: 20 April 2016
Selected H2020 deadlines 2016:
European Research Council (ERC) Frontier research grants
Pre-Announcement Advanced Grants: are designed to support excellent Principal Investigators at the career stage at which they are already established research leaders with a recognised track record of research achievements.
Deadline: 1 September 2016.
Marie Sklodovska-Curie Actions (MSCA) Excellent and innovative research training plus attractive career and knowledge-exchange opportunities through cross-border and cross-sector mobility, no thematic priorities.
Research and Innovation Staff Exchange (RISE): supports cooperation between academic and non-academic organisations within Europe and worldwide by funding short-term exchanges for staff (secondments).
Deadline: 28 April 2016
Societal Challenges (SC): Collaborative breakthrough research and radical innovation
SC1-2016 Health, demographic change and wellbeing: Personalised medicine, single stage
The headline goal of the programme ‘Health, Demographic Change and Wellbeing’ is better health for all. Its main policy objectives are to improve health and wellbeing outcomes, to promote healthy and active ageing, to promote market growth, job creation, and the EU as a global leader in the health area.
- SC1-PM-01-2016:Multi omics for personalised therapies addressing diseases of the immune system
- SC1-PM-04-2016:Networking and optimising the use of population and patient cohorts at EU level
- SC1-PM-06-2016:Vaccine development for malaria and/or neglected infectious diseases
- SC1-PM-09-2016:New therapies for chronic diseases
- SC1-PM-11-2016-2017:Clinical research on regenerative medicine
- SC1-PM-21-2016:Implementation research for scaling-up of evidence based innovations and good practice in Europe and low- and middle-income countries
Deadline: 13 April 2016
SC1-PM-18-2016:Big Data supporting Public Health policies
Deadline: 16 February 2016
For more topics and infomation please check here.
Important! Please contact Sumathi Subramaniam or Ramune Midttveit asap in the case you are planing to send an application for this Programme.
SC2-2016 Food security, sustainable agriculture and forestry, marine and maritime and inland water research and the bioeconomy: sustainable food security – resilient and resource-efficient value chains, two stage
SFS-38-2016:Impulsivity and compulsivity and the link with nutrition, lifestyle and the socio-economic environment
Deadline: 17 February 2016
Horizon 2020 – Complementary Calls
a) IMI 2 (Innovative Medicines Initiative 2) – Call 7 for proposals in now open and covers the following topics:
- Validation of translational imaging methods in drug safety assessment (TRISTAN)
- Identification of druggable targets modulating misfolded proteins in Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s diseases
- Pathological neuron-glia interactions in neuropathic pain
- Dry age-related macular degeneration: development of novel clinical endpoints for clinical trials with a regulatory and patient access intention
- A comprehensive ‘pediatric preclinical POC platform’ to enable clinical molecule development for children with cancer
Deadline: 17 March 2016
b) COST Action: open Call – funding for research networks. Proposals should reflect the main characteristics of COST Actions, namely providing for knowledge sharing, creation and application, being open and output-oriented while aiming at strengthening the scientific and technological basis of the proposed topic(s).
NEW Deadline: 25 April 2016
c) Eurostars2 Call 5: Funding for research and innovation with small and medium enterprises. Eurostars supports R&D-performing SMEs and their partners by funding collaborative innovation projects that will be rapidly commercialised. It encourages and assists the development of new products, processes and services by offering support and funding to help innovations to access regional, national and international markets. Info from RCN.
Deadline: 18 February 2016
d) The 2nd Joint Call for ERANet-LAC – Network of the European Union, Latin America and the Caribbean Countries on Joint Innovation and Research Activities. The goal is to strengthen the bi-regional partnership in Science, Technology and Innovation by planning and implementing concrete joint activities and by creating a sustainable framework for future bi-regional joint activities.
Topic 7: Cancer – Improving the quality of care and quality of life of dying cancer patients
Topic 9: (ICT in relation with HEALTH): Improving wellbeing and inclusiveness through e-health, m-health, and active and assisted living (AAL) solutions
More info on RCN webpage.
Deadline: 10 March 2016.
e) The EU Joint Programme – Neurodegenerative Disease Research (JPND) launched a rapid-action call for working groups on brain imaging methods. The call aims to support the field’s leading scientists in advancing novel approaches that will enhance the use of imaging for neurodegenerative disease research.
Deadline: 10 March 2016
f) JPIAMR: Transmission Dynamics of Anti-Microbial Resistance (AMR) Call for Proposals. Call will support multidisciplinary research networks to conduct collaborative and complementary studies that will unravel the complex dynamics of selection and transmission of antimicrobial resistance to understand the mechanisms that contribute to the spread of resistance.
Deadline: for pre-proposals 21 March 2016
g) Pre-Announcement: AAL (Active and assisted living) announces the challenge for the AAL 2016 Call for proposals of the AAL Programme: “Living well with dementia. The contribution of ICT to integrated solutions for enabling the wellbeing of people living with dementia and their communities”.
Deadline: Call will be lunched at the end of February 2016
AAA call 2016 information day, 8-9 March Brussels
h) The first joint transnational ERA-Net call on Cardiovascular Diseases – ERA-CVD is announced. The aim of the call is to enable scientists to build an effective collaboration on common interdisciplinary research projects based on complementarities and sharing of expertise in the field of Heart Failure, with a clear translational research approach.
Deadline for pre-proposals: 8 March 2016 (stage 1), 17 June (stage 2)
i) ERA-NET NEURON launches a joint transnational call in the field of “External insults to the nervous system”. Focus is primary physical insults to the central nervous system, i.e. traumatic brain injury and spinal cord injury. More info from RCN.
Deadline for pre-proposals: 14 March 2016
Read more (information and routines for application): http://www.uib.no/en/horizon2020
PES (Project establishment support) and POS (posisjoneringsmidler) for Horizon2020 applicants (Norges Forskningsråd/UiB): open-ended during Horizon2020 Call period.
4. The Novo Nordisk Foundation
Call for: Novo Nordisk Foundation Symposia. The Foundation offers funding for up to two one-day symposia to be held in 2017. For each symposium, funding up to DKK 320.000 is available.
Deadline: 9 March 2016
5. NEW Bergens Forsknings Stiftelse (BFS)
Call for: Nominations – Recruitment Programme – Prequalification. Cross-disciplinary project proposals and proposals from all disciplines are welcome, provided that they correspond to the research strategies and recruitment needs at UiB.
Deadline: 14 March 2016. MOF internal deadline: 7 March
6. Peder Sather Grant Application 2016
Approximately $400,000 for 1-year projects in collaboration with the University of California, Berkeley: workshops, virtual intellectual exchanges, exploratory and pilot studies, PhD student exchanges, longer-term stays for principal investigators, collection and analysis of data and other core research activities. Applications from all fields and disciplines are welcomed.
Deadline: 1 March 2015
7. The Human Frontier Science Program (HFSP)
(HFSP) is an international program of research support, funding frontier research on the complex mechanisms of living organisms. Call for 2017 Program and Young Investigator applications are now open.
Deadline: for registration is 21 March 2016
8. EEA/Norway Grants
- Mobility projects in other educational institutions and education related institutions
Deadline: 15 February 2016
- Inter-institutional cooperation projects between higher education institutions
Deadline: 1 March 2016
Funding for cooperation in higher education
Nordplus Horizontal Programme
Workshops, conferences, studies and innovative courses within education and lifelong learning across sectors. Targets all institutions, organisations and other actors working within education and lifelong learning.
Deadline: 2 March 2016
ERASMUS+ (via SIU)
ERASMUS+ page/Programme Guide
Strategic partnerships. Transnational projects enhancing the quality and innovativeness of learning and teaching, developing new curricula, building bridges between the different sectors of education and fostering more intense forms of cooperation to achieve the modernisation objectives, including a better exploitation of open education resources. Minimum of three organisations from three different Programme Countries.
Deadline: 31 March 2016
Fellowships and Personal Grants
1. EMBO (European Molecular Biology Organization) Fellowships
Research on the molecular mechanisms of life at all levels.
Deadline: throughout the year.
- NEW Webinar: Introduction to IP. This webinar will provide you with an introduction to basic concepts and definitions of Intellectual Property (IP) and Intellectual Property Rights (IPR), 17 February 10:30-12:00.
- NEW National meeting on clinical trials, 10 March Oslo
- NEW Sean McCarthy courses: How to write impact section for H2020 applications, 15 March Oslo
- Conference: 8th European Conference on Comparative Neurobiology (ECCN). April 7 – 9, 2016, Munich
- 2nd Symposium of the Bridging Nordic Imaging Network and the 1st Cellular Imaging workshop, 14-15 April 2016 Gothenburg, Sweden
- Personalised Medicine Conference 2016, 1-2 June Brussels
- NEW eHealth Week 2016: This year’s educational programme will focus on three main themes: Empowering People, Trust & Standards and Innovation & Transition, 8-10 June, Amsterdam