Her finner du ukens søknadsfrister
Current research funding announcements/deadlines (external)
Research Council of Norway (Forskningsrådet NFR):
a) ERA-Net TRANSCAN-2 announces a call “Minimally and non-invasive methods for early detection and/or progression of cancer”. That includes screening of the general population, risk stratification, surveillance of high-risk groups, minimally invasive methods.
Deadline: for pre-proposals is 13 February 2017
b) FORNY2020 announces funding for skills upgrading, structural improvement and networking. Søkere anbefales å sende inn skisser før 1. november.The programme provides funding to Technology Transfer Offices (TTOs) affiliated with the research institutions.
Deadline: 15 February 2017 (Applicants are advised to submit sketches before 1 November)
c) Programmes BEDREHELSE, BIONÆR, MILJØFORSK and BIOTEK2021 announcing funding for networking that will contribute to cooperation on antimicrobial resistance in a “One Health” – perspective.
Deadline: 15 February 2017
d) SYNKNØYT: up to 20 million for synchrotron and neutron-based research.
Deadline: 15 February 2017
e) ERA-Net CoBioTech co-funded call for transnational collaborative research projects: “Biotechnology for a sustainable bioeconomy”.
Deadline: for pre-proposals 2 March 2017
f) ERA-CVD European Research Area Network on Cardiovascular Diseases announces a second Joint Transnational Call: Mechanisms of early atherosclerosis and/or plaque instability in Coronary Artery Disease. Info from RCN is here.
Deadline: for pre-proposals 6 March 2017
New g) ERA-Net NEURON: Call for Proposals for Research Projects on “Synaptic Dysfunction in Disorders of the Central Nervous System”. The present call will accept proposals addressing the disease-related synaptic dysfunction with approaches ranging from understanding basic mechanisms of disease through proof-of-concept therapeutically-driven clinical studies in humans.
Deadline: for pre-proposals 14 March 2017
h) BEDREHELSE: NOK 40 million to joint Indo-Norwegian researcher projects on antimicrobial resistance.
Deadline: 26 April 2017
i) RCN is planning a joint call of the four programs (BEDREHELSE, HELSEVEL, KVINNEHELSE, BEHANDLING) within Health. One P.I. may submit one application only, i.e. will have to choose between the four programs.
Deadline: 26 April
There will be an information meeting in Trondheim on the 14th of February. The meeting will be streamed.
- trinn søknadsfrist 09.06.2017Fullstendig utlysning fra EuroNanoMed III planlegges publisert 14.11.2016. Søknadsprosessen vil ha to trinn:2. Horizon 2020 – several Calls Selected H2020 deadlines 2017:
European Research Council (ERC) Frontier research grants
Consolidator Grant: is designed to support excellent Principal Investigators at the career stage at which they may still be consolidating their own independent research team or programme.
Deadline: 9 February 2017.
Marie Sklodovska-Curie Actions (MSCA) Excellent and innovative research training plus attractive career and knowledge-exchange opportunities through cross-border and cross-sector mobility, no thematic priorities.
Research and Innovation Staff Exchange (MSCA-RISE-2017): RISE gives support for mobility and exchanges of research and innovation staff, incl. managerial, technical and administrative staff between institutions in different sectors or with research institutions in countries outside of Europe.
Deadline: 5 April 2017
Societal Challenges (SC): Collaborative breakthrough research and radical innovation
SC1-2017 Health, demographic change and wellbeing:
The headline goal of the programme ‘Health, Demographic Change and Wellbeing’ is better health for all. Its main policy objectives are to improve health and wellbeing outcomes, to promote healthy and active ageing, to promote market growth, job creation, and the EU as a global leader in the health area.
Personalised medicine, single-stage
Deadline: 31 January 2017
- SC1-PM-17-2017: Personalised computer models and in-silico systems for well-being
- SC1-PM-16-2017: In-silico trials for developing and assessing biomedical products
- SC1-PM-19-2017: PPI for uptake of standards for the exchange of digitalised healthcare records
Deadline: 14 March 2017
- SC1-PM-03-2017: Diagnostic characterisation of rare diseases
- SC1-PM-20-2017: Methods research for improved health economic evaluation
- SC1-PM-11-2016-2017: Clinical research on regenerative medicine
- SC1-HCO-03-2017: Implementing the Strategic Research Agenda on Personalised Medicine
- SC1-HCO-07-2017: Global Alliance for Chronic Diseases (GACD)
- SC1-HCO-08-2017: Actions to bridge the divide in European health research and innovation
Deadline: 11 April 2017
Spreading excellence and widening participation through engaging organisations of those countries which could commit more towards the EU research and innovation effort.
Pre-announcement Twinning WIDESPREAD-05-2017: The specific challenge is to address networking gaps and deficiencies between the research institutions of the Widening countries and internationally-leading counterparts at EU level. CSA Coordination and support action.
Deadline: 15 November 2017, planned opening 11 May
Horizon 2020 – Complementary Calls:
a) IMI 2 (Innovative Medicines Initiative 2) – Call 10:
- Understanding hypoglycaemia: the underlying mechanisms and addressing clinical determinants as well as consequences for people with diabetes by combining databases from clinical trials
- How big data could support better diagnosis and treatment outcomes for prostate cancer
- Improving the care of patients suffering from acute or chronic pain
- Creation of a pan-European paediatric clinical trials network
- Biomanufacturing 2020: Development of innovative high throughput analytical tools and methods to characterize cell culture fluid during development and commercial cell culture processes
- Unlocking the solute carrier gene-family for effective new therapies
- Enhanced patient voice in medicines lifecycle
- Precision medicines approaches in autism spectrum disorders
Deadline: for stage one submission 28 March 2017
b) The Third EU Health Programme is the main instrument that the Commission uses to implement the EU Health Strategy. Call for proposals for Pilot Projects on the following topics:
Deadline: 21 March 2017
Read more (information and routines for application): http://www.uib.no/en/horizon2020
PES (Project establishment support) and POS (posisjoneringsmidler) for Horizon2020 applicants (Norges Forskningsråd/UiB): open-ended during Horizon2020 Call period. You can apply for PES support by filling in PES application form (which is given on the above linked page) and sending it to Kristin.Hansen@uib.no.
On the following page the local contact points are listed where every call has a responsible research advisor. You can contact them or faculty advisors, Ramune Midttveit, Itana Sloper-Krivokapic.
- Bergens Forsknings Stiftelse (BFS)
Call for: Nominations – Recruitment Programme – Prequalification. Long-term funding to develop young national or international candidates with outstanding academic merit and research potential into successful research leaders. Candidates must be nominated by UiB faculties. Please contact Institute administration regarding the nomination process.
Deadline: 15 March 2017. MOF internal deadline 8 March
New 5. The Norwegian Cancer Society
Foreign Scholarships: A personal grant is awarded to a designated individual (researcher, doctoral fellow or post-doctoral fellow) to promote competence building and internationalization of Norwegian research. Overseas research grants are awarded under the auspices of a project funded by the Norwegian Cancer Society and may be provided for visits abroad lasting from two to 12 months.
Deadline: 15 March 2017
- The Novo Nordisk Foundation
New a) Call for: Novo Nordisk Foundation Symposia. The Foundation offers funding for up to two one-day symposia to be held in 2017. For each symposium, funding up to DKK 320.000 is available.
Deadline: 8 March 2017
New b) Exploratory pre-seed grants: seek to support application-oriented research and to test new ideas that may lead to the development of new medical treatments, disease prevention, devices and diagnostic methods as well as new industrial biotechnology in the life science area.
Deadline: 6 April 2017
- EEA/Norway Grants
Deadline: 30 April 2017
- Nord Forsk:
New instrument for Nordic University Cooperation: Nordic University Hubs: The overall goal of the new funding instrument is to strengthen international competitiveness and facilitate the development of world leading research environments in the Nordic region.
Deadline: 3 May 2017
- The Throne-Holst Foundation
The Throne-Holst Foundation promotes research in human nutrition and related sciences. 1-2 million SEK are available for Nordic researchers going abroad, or international guest researchers coming to Norway or Sweden.
Deadline: 1 March 2017
- The LEO-foundation: grants for dermatological research projects. The LEO Foundation supports international dermatological research projects and activities that address issues in disease understanding, disease treatment, disease awareness and patient wellbeing.
Deadline: several in 2017, starting on 3 February
- Pre-announcement Active and Assisted Living (AAL): aims to fund ICT based projects with a clear market orientation that support older adults to live healthy, independently and actively.
Deadline: call intends to launch in February
The AAL Central Info & Partnering Day is planned for the 6th of March 2017 in Brussels.
- Call is open! Joint Programming Initiative on Antimicrobial Resistance (JPIAMR): call for prevention and intervention strategies to control AMR infections. The primary aim is to compare prevention, control, and intervention strategies to prevent the development, transmission of AMR infections. Info from RCN is
Deadline: for stage one submission 21 March 2017
- JPND (Joint Programme – Neurodegenerative Disease Research) launched a joint trans-national call for multinational research projects for pathway analysis. This call invites proposals for ambitious, innovative, multinational and multidisciplinary collaborative research projects to perform network analyses across diseases (Alzheimer and Parkinson diseases), in order to further elucidate the common underlying mechanisms involved.
Deadline: 6 March 2017
- Pre-announcement of the “2nd Joint Transnational Call for European Research Projects on Systems Medicine (ERACoSysMed). The central aim of ERACoSysMed is to enhance the implementation of Systems Biology approaches in medical concepts, research and practice throughout Europe and Israel by structuring, coordinating and integrating national efforts and investments.
Deadline: call is scheduled to open on February 3 2017
- Regional research Vestlandet announced funding for regional researcher project. Regional research projects will contribute to new knowledge about issues relevant to the region and theme within regional development.
Deadline: 15 February 2017
New 16. ExtraStiftelsen
Issues related to health services in the municipalities and the interaction between various players in the health sector, including user involvement, will be given priority in the application process. It can also be applied for clinical research related to development of new treatments and services.
Deadlines: 15 March (health projects); 1 June (research projects)
Fellowships and Personal Grants
Research on the molecular mechanisms of life at all levels.
Deadline: throughout the year.
Deadline: 12 February
- Novo Nordisk Foundation: a call for postdoctoral fellowships for research within biotechnology-based synthesis and production. These fellowships support fundamental and applied research projects aimed at generating products in improved and more sustainable ways.
Deadline: 31 January 2017
- The European & Developing Countries Clinical Trials Partnership (EDCTP):.
Senior Fellowships aims to support capacity development of potential African research leaders using the train-the-trainer.
Deadline: 1 February 2017
Clinical Research and Development Fellowships to support researchers and key members of clinical trial research teams from low- and middle-income countries
Deadline: 2 February 2017
Career Development Fellowships aims to provide funding to actions that aim to support junior to mid-career researchers (“fellows”) to train and develop their clinical research skills.
Deadline: 28 February 2017
- The 3rd conference of the International Rare Diseases Research Consortium (IRDiRC) will take place February 8-9, 2017 in Paris. Registration for IRDiRC 2017 is now open!
- Psykisk helse og rusmiddelkonferanse: Muligheter og utfordringer, 13-15 Februar, Oslo
- Successful R&I in Europe 2017 – 8th European Networking Event: Participants are invited to become involved in established and new technology networks between researchers, entrepreneurs and multipliers related to Horizon 2020, 2-3 March 2017, Düsseldorf, Germany.
- Sean McCarthy course: How to Write the Impact of a Horizon 2020 Proposal, 9 May, Oslo
New 5. “Shaping the future of pediatrics” is the first conference on the innovation in pediatrics in Europe. The conference will include sessions on –omics, Big Data, Patient empowerment, and The cycle of innovation in pediatrics. 20-22 September 2017, Rome, Italy.
Funding for cooperation in higher education
Erasmus + Global mobility allows Norwegian higher education institutions (HEI) to send and receive students and staff to / from partner countries outside the EU / EEA. The application must be submitted by a HEI in Norway. Individuals cannot apply directly. Student and/or employees must apply to their home institution.
Deadline: 2 February 2017 (12.00)
This action which aims to support the modernisation, accessibility and internationalisation of higher education in the Partner Countries is to be carried out in the context of the priorities identified in the Communications “Increasing the impact of EU Development Policy: an Agenda for Change” and “European Higher Education in the World”.
Deadline: 9 February 2017 (12.00 CET)
The Norwegian University Center in St. Petersburg is owned and financed jointly by the Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU) in Trondheim and the Universities of Bergen, Oslo and Tromsø. The Center currently offers funding for the following activities:
- NEW Stipends for travel and subsistence expenses for Ph.D. and post.doc to The Norwegian University Centre in St. Petersburg – 2017
- NEW Announcement of financing of PhD activities at the Norwegian university center in St. Petersburg – 2017 (renewed call with deadline 15 February 2017)
- Academic network building Norway-Russia at the Norwegian University Center in St. Petersburg 2017-18
Deadline: 15 February 2017
An EMJMD is a high-level integrated international study programme of 60, 90 or 120 ECTS credits, delivered by an international consortium of HEIs from different countries and. There is no limitation in terms of discipline. EMJMD proposals at application stage must present fully developed joint study programmes, ready to run and to be advertised worldwide immediately after their selection.
Deadline: 16 February 2017 (12.00 CET)
Knowledge Alliances between higher education institutions and enterprises aim to foster innovation, entrepreneurship, creativity, employability, knowledge exchange and/or multidisciplinary teaching and learning.
Deadline: 27 February 2017 (12.00 CET)
The Nordplus programme of the Nordic Council of Ministers, invites Nordic and Baltic teachers, educators and their institutions to apply for programme funds for the year 2017. Institutions which are working within the field of teaching and education, you can now apply for Nordplus funding of transnational student, pupil or teacher mobility, as well as joint project and network activity between the educational institutions/organisations of Denmark, Estonia, Faroe Islands, Finland, Greenland, Iceland, Latvia, Lithuania, Norway, Sweden or Åland.
Deadline: 1 March 2017
The Peder Sather Center for Advanced Study supports projects carried out by researchers at UC Berkeley in collaboration with researchers from nine Norwegian universities. The Center offers grants of between $10K and $25K. Funds are made available for one academic year. Grants can support activities such as workshops, mini-conferences, virtual intellectual exchanges, the undertaking of exploratory and pilot studies, activities such as PhD student exchanges, longer-term stays for Principal Investigators, the collection and analysis of data, and other core research activities.
For more information, see http://sathercenter.berkeley.edu/
Deadline: 1 March 2017
Forward-looking cooperation projects (FLCPs) are transnational cooperation projects aiming to identify, test, develop or assess innovative policy approaches that have the potential of becoming mainstreamed and giving input for improving education and training systems. They should provide in-depth knowledge on target group(s), learning, teaching or training situations and effective methodologies and tools that help policies to develop, as well as conclusions relevant for policymakers in education and training at all levels. Eligible applicants are public and private organisations active in the field of education and training or other sectors such as non-formal learning, including a.o. youth, other socio-economic sectors and/or organisations carrying out cross-sectoral activities.
Deadline: 14 March 2017 (at 12 CET)
E.ON Stipendienfonds is a scholarship fund designed to promote and strengthen German-Norwegian academic relations in the field of energy sciences. This is achieved by awarding mobility grants to Master / PhD students and junior researchers. In addition, the aim is to organize workshops, conferences and seminars and further expand the existing alumni network.
Deadline: 15 March 2017
Transnational Strategic Partnerships aimed to develop initiatives addressing one or more fields of education training and youth and promote innovation, exchange of experience and know-how between different types of organisations involved in education, training and youth or in other relevant fields. Certain mobility activities are supported in so far as they contribute to the objectives of the project
Deadline: 29 March 2017
The programme aims to promote the development of academic and research partnerships between the Chinese University of Hong Kong (CUHK) and leading research universities and institutes around the world. The programme provides basic funding support to PhD candidates to undertake short-term research visits to CUHK from Norway, or from Norway to CUHK. The research visit shall last for at least one month and be completed between 1 September 2017 and 31 August 2018.
Deadline: 5 April 2017
The overall objectives are to increase the recruitment of researchers to Norwegian industry, to boost long-term competence building and increase research efforts in business and industry and to enhance interaction between academia and industry.
Funding is available for new candidates under the Industrial Ph.D. scheme, with project start-up in 2016. Grant proposals are not confined to particular thematic areas or industries.
FINNUT is a long-term programme for research and innovation in the educational sector. The programme funds research on a wide spectrum from early childhood education and care to higher education and adult learning.
The aim of the mobility grant is to contribute to increased cooperation between Norwegian and North American educational researchers through supporting visits to Norway for the purpose of research or dissemination for top North American educational researchers. The scheme will also contribute to the dissemination of results of North American research to Norway and furthermore contribute to competence building in Norwegian research communities. Grants will be awarded for visits of shorter or longer duration.