Her finner du ukens søknadsfrister:
Current research funding announcements/deadlines (external)
1. Research Council of Norway (Forskningsrådet NFR):
a) SFF IV Call for proposals for new Centres of Excellence (SFF) with start-up in 2017. The financial framework for this call is NOK 150 million per year. The Research Council anticipates funding of 9 to 12 new centres. For help from FA check out their webpage
Deadline: 25 November 2015
b) FORNY2020 – lokale prosjektmidler for 2016 og 2017. Call for local project funds to finance verification projects. The funds will be used to bring research results and ideas towards the market. Deadline: 25 November 2015
2. The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation has an open call for applications of innovative global health and development solutions and Vaccine Manufacturing.
Grand Challenges Explorations:
- Novel Approaches to Characterizing and Tracking the Global Burden of Antimicrobial Resistance
- Explore New Solutions in Global Health Priority Areas
- Addressing Newborn and Infant Gut Health Through Bacteriophage-Mediated Microbiome Engineering
- Explore New Ways to Measure Delivery and Use of Digital Financial Services Data
Deadline: 11 November 2015
Selected H2020 deadlines 2015:
European Research Council (ERC) Frontier research grants
Starting Grant: for young Principal Investigators to develop independent careers and make the transition from working under a supervisor to being independent researchers in their own right. Deadline: 17 November 2015
Consolidator Grant: are designed to support excellent Principal Investigators at the career stage at which they may still be consolidating their own independent research team or programme. Deadline: 2 February 2016.
Marie Sklodovska-Curie Actions (MSCA) Excellent and innovative research training plus attractive career and knowledge-exchange opportunities through cross-border and cross-sector mobility, no thematic priorities.
Innovative Training Networks (ITN): International doctoral training networks with inter-sectoral mobility. Deadline: 12 January 2016
Societal Challenges (SC): Collaborative breakthrough research and radical innovation
SC1-2016 Health, demographic change and wellbeing: Personalised medicine, single stage
The headline goal of the programme ‘Health, Demographic Change and Wellbeing’ is better health for all. Its main policy objectives are to improve health and wellbeing outcomes, to promote healthy and active ageing, to promote market growth, job creation, and the EU as a global leader in the health area.
- SC1-PM-01-2016:Multi omics for personalised therapies addressing diseases of the immune system
- SC1-PM-04-2016:Networking and optimising the use of population and patient cohorts at EU level
- SC1-PM-06-2016:Vaccine development for malaria and/or neglected infectious diseases
- SC1-PM-09-2016:New therapies for chronic diseases
- SC1-PM-11-2016-2017:Clinical research on regenerative medicine
- SC1-PM-21-2016:Implementation research for scaling-up of evidence based innovations and good practice in Europe and low- and middle-income countries
Deadline: 13 April 2016
SC1-PM-18-2016:Big Data supporting Public Health policies
Deadline: 16 February 2016
For more topics and infomation please check here.
NEW SC2-2016 Food security, sustainable agriculture and forestry, marine and maritime and inland water research and the bioeconomy: sustainable food security – resilient and resource-efficient value chains, two stage
Horizon 2020 – Complementary Calls
a) IMI 2 (Innovative Medicines Initiative 2) – Call 6 for proposals in now open and covers the following topics:
- Development of Quantitative System Toxicology (QST) approaches to improve the understanding of the safety of new medicines
- Establishing impact of respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) infection, resultant disease and public health approach to reducing the consequences
There are also 2 topics called for under the ‘Big Data for Better Outcomes programme:
- Real World Outcomes across the Alzheimer’s disease (AD) Spectrums (ROADS) to Better Care
- Development of an outcomes-focused platform to empower policy makers and clinicians to optimise care for patients with haematologic malignancies.
Deadline: 12 January 2016
b) COST Action: open Call – funding for research networks. Proposals should reflect the main characteristics of COST Actions, namely providing for knowledge sharing, creation and application, being open and output-oriented while aiming at strengthening the scientific and technological basis of the proposed topic(s).
Deadline: 9 February 2016
c) NEW Preannouncement: The 2nd Joint Call for ERANet-LAC – Network of the European Union, Latin America and the Caribbean Countries on Joint Innovation and Research Activities. The goal is to strengthen the bi-regional partnership in Science, Technology and Innovation by planning and implementing concrete joint activities and by creating a sustainable framework for future bi-regional joint activities. Relevant topics:
Topic 7: Cancer – Improving the quality of care and quality of life of dying cancer patients
Topic 9: (ICT in relation with HEALTH): Improving wellbeing and inclusiveness through e-health, m-health, and active and assisted living (AAL) solutions
Deadline: 10 Mach 2016. Call will be launched 1 December 2015
Read more (information and routines for application): http://www.uib.no/en/horizon2020
PES (Project establishment support) and POS (posisjoneringsmidler) for Horizon2020 applicants (Norges Forskningsråd/UiB): open-ended during Horizon2020 Call period.
5. EEA/Norway Grants
a) Slovenia Scholarship: Call for Mobility Projects and Inter-institutional Cooperation Projects Deadline: 1 December 2015
b) Bulgaria Scholarship: Fifth Call Mobility Projects in Higher Education
Deadline: 23 December 2015
6. Mills Vita Hjertego
Mills announces the second call for applications of the “Vita hjertego'” fund for research and prevention of heart diseases. Research on heart friendly diets will be prioritized.
Deadline: 17 November 2015
Fellowships and Personal Grants
1. EMBO (European Molecular Biology Organization) Fellowships
Research on the molecular mechanisms of life at all levels.
Short-term (postdocs and advanced PhD students) fellowships fund research visits of up to three months to laboratories in Europe and elsewhere in the world. The aim is to facilitate valuable collaborations with research groups applying techniques that are unavailable in the applicant’s laboratory.
Deadline: throughout the year.
2. PhD fellowships in Hong Kong. The Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme (HKPFS) aims at attracting the best and brightest students in the world to pursue their PhD studies in Hong Kong’s institutions.
Deadline: 1 December 2015
3. NEW 8 PostDoc fellowships in cardiovascular research (CNIC, Spain). The programme has been designed to support transnational mobility of researchers and to broaden and deepen their individual competence, particularly in terms of acquisition of complementary skills needed to become an independent group leader in the future.
Deadline: 23 December 2015
4. BSA Foundation Fellowships Call 2015: offers fellowships of 24’000 Euros to under 35 years of age researchers, PhD students and MDs in 5 research fields: both basic and clinic endocrinology, fertility, dermathology, reumathology, pain medicine.
Deadline: 31 December 2015
- NevroNor conference 2015. 17 November, Park Inn by Radisson Oslo Airport, Oslo
- Healthcare Brokerage Event MEDICA 2015, 17-19 November, Düsseldorf.
- Seminar: KLINISK FORSKNING – til det beste for pasienter og samfunnet. 24 november, Oslo (RCN).
- International Training for Horizon 2020 Applicants in Health, Demographic Change and Wellbeing. 25 November, 2015, London (Fit for Health 2.0)
- NEW The ECRIN meeting–Conducting Independent, Multinational Clinical Trials in Europe. December 7-8 2015 Paris.
- Conference: Forskning på psykisk helse og rus – muligheter og utfordringer. 1-3 Februar 2016, Oslo
- Conference: 8th European Conference on Comparative Neurobiology (ECCN). April 7 – 9, 2016, Munich