Her finner du ukens søknadsfrister.
Current research funding announcements/deadlines (external)
1.Research Council of Norway (Forskningsrådet NFR):
a) HELSEVEL: the programme will through research and innovation enhances the quality, competency and efficiency in the health, care and welfare services and ensures good patient and user pathways based on the users’ needs. NEW Information meeting 25 September, UiT Tromsø Deadline: 14 October 2015
b) NANO2021: funding is available for Knowledge-building Projects for Industry on the application of nanotechnology in bio-based industries. This call is targeted towards research institutions in binding cooperation with relevant users from Norwegian trade and industry. Deadline: 14 October 2015
2. The Norwegian Cancer Society
Foreign scholarship: Researcher, post docs and doctorates that receive scholarship from Kreftforeningen can apply for an additional supplement for working abroad for up to 1 year (2-12 months). The scholarship also includes those who through Kreftforeningen are paid for by ExtraStiftelsen Helse og Rehabilitering. Deadline: 15 October 2015
3. World Cancer Research Fund
World Cancer Research Fund International Regular Grant Programme 2015/2016 cycle is now open for applications. The grant programme accepts applications on the effects of diet, nutrition (including body composition) and physical activity on cancer.
Deadline: 9 October 2015
4. The Novo Nordisk Foundation
Biomedical research and life sciences – exploratory pre-seed grants: up to 7 million DKK are available for projects exploring the potential commercialization of research findings at a very early stage (pre-seed), and to prepare the projects for a full pre-seed grant at a later stage. Deadline: 9 October 2015
5. Norway Opening Universities (NOU)
Funding for learning models: Norway Opening Universities (Norgesuniversitetet) has allocated 12.5 million NOK to support projects in the area of active learning and digital learning models. Project grants are intended to stimulate and promote the development and use of technology for learning and flexible study in higher education, and promote educational cooperation between higher education and work places through the use of learning technology. Deadline: 15 October 2015
6. The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson’s Research
The Michael J. Fox Foundation works tirelessly to accelerate promising research toward breakthroughs for Parkinson’s patients. Foundation is now accepting applications for 2016 funding through its three core grant programs.
Deadline: for pre-proposals is 28 October 2015
7. Horizon 2020 – several Calls
Selected H2020 deadlines 2015:
European Research Council (ERC) Frontier research grants
Starting Grant: for young Principal Investigators to develop independent careers and make the transition from working under a supervisor to being independent researchers in their own right. Deadline: 17 November 2015
Marie Sklodovska-Curie Actions (MSCA) Excellent and innovative research training plus attractive career and knowledge-exchange opportunities through cross-border and cross-sector mobility, no thematic priorities.
COFUND Action: Call for multi-annual proposals for new or existing doctoral programmes or fellowship programmes (for researchers on a postdoctoral level) that may be run at regional, national or international level. Deadline: 1 October 2015
Societal Challenges (SC): Collaborative breakthrough research and radical innovation
The Innovative Medicines Initiative (IMI) is Europe’s largest public-private initiative aiming to speed up the development of better and safer medicines for patients. Call 5 is open for proposals on 6 topics. Deadline: 13 October 2015
Read more (information and routines for application): http://www.uib.no/en/horizon2020
8. Horizon 2020 – Complementary Calls
a) 3rd EU Health Programme
Call for proposals for projects 2015. 5 individual topics in the areas of early diagnosis of tuberculosis; early diagnosis and treatment of viral hepatitis; transplantation therapies, reducing availability of alcoholic beverages; good practices in the areas of integrated care.
Deadline: 15 September 2015
PES (Project establishment support) and POS (posisjoneringsmidler) for Horizon2020 applicants (Norges Forskningsråd/UiB): open-ended during Horizon2020 Call period.
10. WUN (Worldwide Universities Network)
Call for 2015 Research Development Fund (RDF). The RDF offers grants of up to £15,000 to foster partnership in the network, including new members as a priority, and support research collaborations in the follow WUN Global Challenge (most appropriate for MOF): (non-communicable disease) – focusing in the 2015 round on a life course approach to healthy ageing; health of migrants; the resilience of adolescents and health workers in different cultural contexts; and schools as a setting for reducing risk factors associated with NCDs. Info from UiB. Deadline: 30 October 2015
11. Fulbright Grants
1) For Norwegian students/researchers to U.S. in2016-17
U.S. Norway Fulbright Foundation provides funding opportunities for Norwegian students and researchers on all levels: Master, PhD, post-doc and senior researchers.
a) Grants for Norwegian researchers
b) Grants for Norwegian graduate students
Deadline: 1 October 2015
2) Fulbright grants for Americans to Norway 2016-17
Grants for American students. Deadline: 13 October
12. EEA/Norway Grants
a) Spain-Norway Scholarships. Within this frame, it promotes inter-institutional mobility projects, both for individual researchers at all levels and for scientific teams of the involved countries, in order to carry out joint research and academic activities.
Deadline: 30 September 2015
b) Lithuania – EEA Scholarship Programme. Call designed to increase and strengthen institutional cooperation at all levels of the education sector (school education, higher education, vocational training/education and adult education) between Beneficiary and EEA EFTA States
Deadline: 5 October 2015
c) Czech Republic-Norway: Bilateral Scholarship Programme. Call for Mobility Projects and Placements and Institutional Cooperation Projects.
Deadline: 12 October 2015
13. NEW PhD fellowships in Life Sciences starting October 2016, University of Lausanne Deadline: 26 October 2015.
Funding for cooperation in higher education
The Norwegian Centre for International Cooperation in Education (SIU)
a) Project funds for North America Call 2015: to strengthen the quality of the institutions’ educational activities through the establishment or development of mutually beneficial and educationally relevant collaborations with enterprises in the public and/or private sectors between higher education institutions in Norway and North America.
Deadline: 23 September 2015
b) High North Programme – higher education collaboration. The High North Programme supports collaboration between higher education institutions in Norway and institutions in Canada, China, Japan, Russia, the Republic of Korea and the United States in order to increase knowledge about the High North.
Deadline: 23 September 2015
Fellowships and Personal Grants
1. EMBO (European Molecular Biology Organization) Fellowships
Research on the molecular mechanisms of life at all levels.
a) Short-term (postdocs and advanced PhD students) fellowships fund research visits of up to three months to laboratories in Europe and elsewhere in the world. The aim is to facilitate valuable collaborations with research groups applying techniques that are unavailable in the applicant’s laboratory. Deadline: throughout the year.
b) ERS (European Respiratory Society) | EMBO Joint Fellowships Fellowships to bring more clinicians into basic science, particularly to clinicians working in the field of respiratory medicine. Deadline: short-term fellowships 1 October 2015
2. NEW The Doctoral School of the Faculty of Biology and Medicine (FBM) at University of Louisiana offers PhD Fellowships in Life Science starting October 2016.
Deadline: 26 October 2015
3. NEW PhD fellowships in Hong Kong. The Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme (HKPFS) aims at attracting the best and brightest students in the world to pursue their PhD studies in Hong Kong’s institutions. Deadline: 1 December 2015
4. IBSA Foundation Fellowships Call 2015: offers fellowships of 24’000 Euros to under 35 years of age researchers, PhD students and MDs in 5 research fields: both basic and clinic endocrinology, fertility, dermathology, reumathology, pain medicine.
Deadline: 31 December 2015
1. NEW Webinar: Introduction to IP. This webinar will provide you with an introduction to basic concepts and definitions of Intellectual Property and Intellectual Property Rights. 18 September, 10:30-12:00
2. NEW Joe Gorman – Prosjektutviklingskurs Horisont 2020 (SINTEF), 22 October, Oslo.
3. AAL (Active and Assisted Living) Forum 2015: Aspirations in active ageing. Ghent, Belgium 22-25 September
4. 4th World Congress of Clinical Safety (4WCCS). Clinical Management and Governance for Healthcare Risk and Crisis. Vienna, Austria. 28 – 30 September 2015
5. Matchmaking Event Meet In Italy for Life Sciences 2015. The event is focused on all the life sciences sectors: biotechnology, pharmaceutics, medical devices, human health, IT applications for health, nutraceutics and related activities. 30 Sept. – 2 Oct. 2015, Milan, Italy
6. Workshop for PhD supervisors in neuroscience and medical imaging: Trondheim 12-13 October. Deadline for registration 1 September. NB: Max 30 participants
7. Seminar: Innovative Training Networks (ITN) 2016. 13 October, Oslo (RCN).
8. Seminar: Fra oppfinnelse til innovasjon – hvordan sikre “Impact” i H2020-prosjekter?15 October, Oslo (RCN)
9. NEW The biggest ICT event in the EU calendar: ICT 2015 – Innovate, Connect, Transform, 20-22 October 2015 Lisbon, Portugal.
10. NanoMed2015 Conference: The conference will provide an interactive forum where researchers and industry can meet to discuss how future demands within health care and medical services can be a driving force for research and innovation in nanotechnology. 27 October, Oslo (RCN)