Her finner du ukens søknadsfrister:
Current research funding announcements/deadlines (external)
1. Research Council of Norway (Forskningsrådet NFR):
a) HELSEVEL: the programme will through research and innovation enhances the quality, competency and efficiency in the health, care and welfare services and ensures good patient and user pathways based on the users’ needs.
Deadline: 14 October 2015
b) NANO2021: funding is available for Knowledge-building Projects for Industry on the application of nanotechnology in bio-based industries. This call is targeted towards research institutions in binding cooperation with relevant users from Norwegian trade and industry.
Deadline: 14 October 2015
2. The Norwegian Cancer Society
Foreign scholarship: Researcher, post docs and doctorates that receive scholarship from Kreftforeningen can apply for an additional supplement for working abroad for up to 1 year (2-12 months). The scholarship also includes those who through Kreftforeningen are paid for by ExtraStiftelsen Helse og Rehabilitering.
Deadline: 15 October 2015
3. World Cancer Research Fund
World Cancer Research Fund International Regular Grant Programme 2015/2016 cycle is now open for applications. The grant programme accepts applications on the effects of diet, nutrition (including body composition) and physical activity on cancer.
Deadline: 9 October 2015
4. The Novo Nordisk Foundation
Biomedical research and life sciences – exploratory pre-seed grants: up to 7 million DKK are available for projects exploring the potential commercialization of research findings at a very early stage (pre-seed), and to prepare the projects for a full pre-seed grant at a later stage.
Deadline: 9 October 2015
5. Norway Opening Universities (NOU)
Funding for learning models: Norway Opening Universities (Norgesuniversitetet) has allocated 12.5 million NOK to support projects in the area of active learning and digital learning models. Project grants are intended to stimulate and promote the development and use of technology for learning and flexible study in higher education, and promote educational cooperation between higher education and work places through the use of learning technology.
Deadline: 15 October 2015
6. The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson’s Research
The Michael J. Fox Foundation works tirelessly to accelerate promising research toward breakthroughs for Parkinson’s patients. Foundation is now accepting applications for 2016 funding through its three core grant programs.
Deadline: for pre-proposals is 28 October 2015
7. The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation has an open call for applications of innovative global health and development solutions and Vaccine Manufacturing.
a) Grand Challenges Explorations:
- Novel Approaches to Characterizing and Tracking the Global Burden of Antimicrobial Resistance
- Explore New Solutions in Global Health Priority Areas
- Addressing Newborn and Infant Gut Health Through Bacteriophage-Mediated Microbiome Engineering
- Explore New Ways to Measure Delivery and Use of Digital Financial Services Data
Deadline: 11 November 2015
b) New Interventions for Global Health: Vaccine Manufacturing.
Deadline: 5 November 2015
Selected H2020 deadlines 2015:
European Research Council (ERC) Frontier research grants
Starting Grant: for young Principal Investigators to develop independent careers and make the transition from working under a supervisor to being independent researchers in their own right. Deadline: 17 November 2015
Societal Challenges (SC): Collaborative breakthrough research and radical innovation
The draft SC1 in the area of “Health, demographic change and well-being” Work Programme for 2016-17 has been pre-published. Open calls are expected in mid-October 2015.
Important! RCN organizes a Health Day 4 November at the Haukeland University Hospital (Aud. B301). Researchers who are interested to apply for SC1 Programme have a unique possibility to get individual meeting with RCN. For more information please contact Sumathi Subramaniam or Ramune Midttveit.
NEW Registration is open!
The Innovative Medicines Initiative (IMI) is Europe’s largest public-private initiative aiming to speed up the development of better and safer medicines for patients. Call 5 is open for proposals on 6 topics.
Deadline: 13 October 2015
NEW Future Topics IMI 2 – Call 6 – indicative text:
Topics under the Big Data for Better Outcomes programme:
- Coordination and Support Action (CSA) for the Big Data for Better Outcomes programme
- Real world outcomes across the AD (Alzheimer’s disease) spectrum (ROADS) to better care
- Development of an outcomes-focused platform to empower policy makers and clinicians to optimize care for patients with haematologic malignancies
The following topics are under consideration for inclusion in a Call for proposals to be launched in the early autumn.
Read more (information and routines for application): http://www.uib.no/en/horizon2020
PES (Project establishment support) and POS (posisjoneringsmidler) for Horizon2020 applicants (Norges Forskningsråd/UiB): open-ended during Horizon2020 Call period.
10. WUN (Worldwide Universities Network)
Call for 2015 Research Development Fund (RDF). The RDF offers grants of up to £15,000 to foster partnership in the network, including new members as a priority, and support research collaborations in the follow WUN Global Challenge (most appropriate for MOF): (non-communicable disease) – focusing in the 2015 round on a life course approach to healthy ageing; health of migrants; the resilience of adolescents and health workers in different cultural contexts; and schools as a setting for reducing risk factors associated with NCDs. Info from UiB.
Deadline: 30 October 2015
11. Fulbright Grants
Fulbright grants for Americans to Norway 2016-17
Grants for American students. Deadline: 13 October
12. EEA/Norway Grants
a) Lithuania – EEA Scholarship Programme. Call designed to increase and strengthen institutional cooperation at all levels of the education sector (school education, higher education, vocational training/education and adult education) between Beneficiary and EEA EFTA States
Deadline: 5 October 2015
b) Czech Republic-Norway: Bilateral Scholarship Programme. Call for Mobility Projects and Placements and Institutional Cooperation Projects.
Deadline: 12 October 2015
Fellowships and Personal Grants
1. EMBO (European Molecular Biology Organization) Fellowships
Research on the molecular mechanisms of life at all levels.
Short-term (postdocs and advanced PhD students) fellowships fund research visits of up to three months to laboratories in Europe and elsewhere in the world. The aim is to facilitate valuable collaborations with research groups applying techniques that are unavailable in the applicant’s laboratory.
Deadline: throughout the year.
2. The Doctoral School of the Faculty of Biology and Medicine (FBM) at University of Louisiana offers PhD Fellowships in Life Science starting October 2016.
Deadline: 26 October 2015
3. PhD fellowships in Hon Kong. The Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme (HKPFS) aims at attracting the best and brightest students in the world to pursue their PhD studies in Hong Kong’s institutions.
Deadline: 1 December 2015
4. IBSA Foundation Fellowships Call 2015: offers fellowships of 24’000 Euros to under 35 years of age researchers, PhD students and MDs in 5 research fields: both basic and clinic endocrinology, fertility, dermathology, reumathology, pain medicine.
Deadline: 31 December 2015
- Workshop for PhD supervisors in neuroscience and medical imaging: Trondheim 12-13 October.
- Seminar: Innovative Training Networks (ITN) 2016. 13 October, Oslo (RCN).
- Webinar: Maximising the impact of H2020 projects – Exploitation of H2020 project results, 13 October 10:30 – 11:30. Deadline for registration is 9th October 2015
- Seminar: Fra oppfinnelse til innovasjon – hvordan sikre “Impact” i H2020-prosjekter?15 October, Oslo (RCN)
- The biggest ICT event in the EU calendar: ICT 2015 – Innovate, Connect, Transform, 20-22 October 2015 Lisbon, Portugal.
- NanoMed2015 Conference: The conference will provide an interactive forum where researchers and industry can meet to discuss how future demands within health care and medical services can be a driving force for research and innovation in nanotechnology. 27 October, Oslo (RCN)
- Event: Health Tech 2020. 29-30 October, London. This event provides an opportunity for networking and matchmaking to form project consortia as well as to help target the €2 billion of funding for Health Tech activities from upcoming Horizon 2020 calls.
- Healthcare Brokerage Event MEDICA 2015, 17-19 November, Düsseldorf.
- NEW Seminar: KLINISK FORSKNING – til det beste for pasienter og samfunnet. 24 november, Oslo (RCN).