Her finner du ukens søknadsfrister.
Current research funding announcements/deadlines (external)
- Research Council of Norway (Forskningsrådet NFR):
- a) FRIMEDBIO The funding scheme for independent projects (FRIPRO) comprises a national competitive arena for research funding for projects in all fields and disciplines. There will be funding for Researcher Projects, Young Research Talents, FRIPRO Mobility Grants and Support for Event..
Deadline: 25 April 2018
- trinn søknadsfrist 09.06.2017Fullstendig utlysning fra EuroNanoMed III planlegges publisert 14.11.2016.Søknadsprosessen vil ha to trinn:2. Horizon 2020 – several Calls Selected H2020 deadlines 2017:
European Research Council (ERC) Frontier research grants
- a) Synergy Grant ERC Synergy Grants are intended to enable minimum two to maximum four Principal Investigators and their teams to bring together complementary skills, knowledge, and resources in new ways, in order to jointly address ambitious research problems.
Deadline: 14 November 2017
Call open b) Consolidator Grant
The aim of this grant is to give the most prominent junior researchers the opportunity to consolidate their research, and to expand and broaden their research activities.
Deadline: 15 February 2018
Marie Sklodovska-Curie Actions (MSCA) Excellent and innovative research training plus attractive career and knowledge-exchange opportunities through cross-border and cross-sector mobility, no thematic priorities.
Call open a) The Innovative Training Networks (ITN) aim to train a new generation of creative, entrepreneurial and innovative early-stage researchers, able to face current and future challenges and to convert knowledge and ideas into products and services for economic and social benefit.
Deadline: 17 January 2018.
Spreading excellence and widening participation through engaging organisations of those countries which could commit more towards the EU research and innovation effort.
Twinning WIDESPREAD-05-2017: The specific challenge is to address networking gaps and deficiencies between the research institutions of the Widening countries and internationally-leading counterparts at EU level. CSA Coordination and support action.
Deadline: 15 November 2017
Horizon 2020 – Complementary Calls:
- a) COST Action: open Call – COST does NOT fund research itself, but supports networking via different tools such as meetings, short term scientific missions, training schools and dissemination activities part of COST Actions. Proposals should reflect the main characteristics of COST Actions, namely providing for knowledge sharing, creation and application, being open and output-oriented while aiming at strengthening the scientific and technological basis of the proposed topic(s). Actions are:
|-Stem cells of marine/aquatic invertebrates: from basic research to innovative applications|
|– European Network on Understanding Gastrointestinal Absorption-related Processes|
|-European Network for Problematic Usage of the Internet|
|-Maximising Impact of research in NeuroDevelopmental DisorderS|
|-Coordination and Harmonization of European Occupational Cohorts|
|-European network of multidisciplinary research to improve the urinary stents|
|-Leukemia Gene Discovery by data sharing, mining and collaboration|
|-Realising the therapeutic potential of novel cardioprotective therapies|
|-Indoor living space improvement: Smart Habitat for the Elderly|
|-Investigation and Mathematical Analysis of Avant-garde Disease Control via Mosquito Nano-Tech-Repellents|
|-European Network of Vaccine Adjuvants|
|-European Cleft and Craniofacial Initiative for Equality in Care|
If interested please contact Hans Hellebostad, best before 15th of September, firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 25 April 2018
- a) PES and POS (Project establishment support) and POS (posisjoneringsmidler) for Horizon2020 applicants (Norges Forskningsråd/UiB): open-ended during Horizon2020 Call period. Each H2020 coordinator-submitted, and formally approved/eligible proposal, will receive a PES grant without submitting a PES-application. Each submitted and formally approved/eligible partner proposal will receive a minimum of NOK 20,000 without submitting a PES-application.
You can apply for POS support by filling in POS application form (which is given on the above linked page) and sending it to Kristin.Hansen@uib.no.
- Call: YoungCAS Summer 2018 YoungCAS offers a unique opportunity for postdocs and other young scholars to do group-based research with colleagues from around the world during a one-week stay in Oslo.
Deadline: 13 November 2017
- Upcoming call Centre for Advanced Study (CAS) The agreement between UiB and CAS gives researchers with a permanent scientific position an opportunity to apply for their own research group for a one-year stay at the center. They choose their own theme and specialization, and invite researchers from all over the world to participate in the project.
Deadline: 15 January 2018
- EDCTP is launching 11 calls for proposals in 2017 to support clinical research and capacity building in sub-Saharan Africa. Proposals are invited for the following topics:
- Treatment innovations for poverty-related diseases
- Strategic actions supporting large-scale clinical trials
- Clinical trials to reduce health inequities in pregnant women, newborns and children
- Targeting control and elimination of NIDs through clinical trials
- Targeting control and elimination of NIDs through product-focused implementation research
- EDCTP-AREF Preparatory Fellowships
- Ethics and regulatory capacities
- Career Development Fellowships
- EDCTP-TDR Clinical Research and Development Fellowships
- Senior Fellowships
- Senior Fellowships for co-morbidities between poverty-related diseases (PRDs) and non-communicable diseases (NCDs)
Some of the calls are single stage and some are in two stages. For more information please have a look at the website given above.
Deadlines: from 5 September 2017 to 2 February 2018
- 7. EEA The activities funded under this call should aim at planning of joint research undertakings, joint proposals to be submitted under Horizon 2020 and other international R&D funding programmes.
Deadline: 31 December 2017
- 8. SIU – Russia program Up to NOK 21 million for three-year project cooperation between higher education institutions in Norway and Russia. Support of up to NOK 2 million per project can be applied.
Deadline: 1 November 2017
- 9. Barnekreftforeningen wants to support relevant projects in children oncology where the results of the projects are going to benefit children in Norway. More information here.
Deadline: 1 December 2017
Fellowships and Personal Grants
Research on the molecular mechanisms of life at all levels.
Deadline: throughout the year.
Short-term Short-Term Fellowships fund research exchanges of up to three months between laboratories in eligible countries.
Long-term The EMBO Long-Term Fellowships are awarded for a period of up to two years and support post-doctoral research visits to laboratories throughout Europe and the world.
- 2. Harkness Fellowship The Commonwealth Fund’s Harkness Fellowships in Health Care Policy and Practice provide a unique opportunity for mid-career health services researchers and practitioners to spend up to 12 months in the United States, conducting original research and working with leading U.S. health policy experts.
Deadline: 13 November 2017
- The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson’s Research: The Edmond J. Safra Fellowship in Movement Disorders The goal is to develop a network of highly trained clinician-researchers — the next generation of leaders in Parkinson’s patient-relevant drug development and expert clinical care.
Deadline: 6 December 2017
- Global health research opportunities in H2020 Join the seminar presenting upcoming calls and learn all about global health in H2020! Bergen Resource Centre, Bergen, 30 October 2017
New 2. GLAM Workshop: Key Enabling Technologies for Better Cancer Diagnosis aims at bringing together experts from the field of photonics, nanomedicine, micro-nano-bio systems and translational medicine and healthcare. University of Tel Aviv, 7 November 2017
- 3. Healthcare Brokerage Event MEDICA 2017 The aim is to assist enterprises, universities and research institutions in finding partners in Europe for product development, manufacturing and licensing agreements, joint ventures or other types of partnership, Dusseldorf, Germany, 14 November 2017 Registration
- 4. 4th Conference of Joint Programme Initiative – Healthy Diet for Healthy Life (JPI HDHL ) , Brussels, 1 December,
- 5. Info Day, Horizon 2020 – ‘Health, demographic change and wellbeing’, 8 December 2017, Brussels, Belgium.
- 6. Horizon 2020 – Health Partnering Day 2017 Health NCP Net 2.0 is organizing a free of charge Partnering event, meant to assist you in finding the right partners for the upcoming 2018 calls.
7 December 2017, Brussels. Registration until 31 October 2017.
Funding for cooperation in higher education
Programme for coopeation on higher education with Russia (Russlandsprogrammet) (Link in Norwegian)
The program for cooperation on higher education with Russia provides support for cooperation between universities and colleges in Russia and Norway. (More information will be available on SIUs websites in August.)
Deadline: 1 November 2017
Project establishment funds for Erasmus+ Projects (Link in Norwegian)
Funds to support the development of Erasmus+ projects within the following actions: 1) Knowledge alliances, 2) Sector alliances, 3) Capacity building, 4) Joint degrees, 5) Jean Monnet, and 6) Sports.
Deadline: 1 November 2016 (15.00)
Research and Innovation in the Educational Sector (FINNUT) (Link in Norwegian)
- Announced: 72 million NOK for research project about and for the education sector (final call on 10 October 2017). Funding available for research projects that will contribute to the renewal of education research through international and interdisciplinary research cooperation.
- Deadline: 22 November 2017 (13:00)
- Announced: 24 million NOK for young research talents about and for the education sector (final call on 10 October 2017). Funding available for young researchers with research projects that can contribute to the renewal and development of education research. Deadline: 1 December 2017EURASIA Programme (Three-year projects) (Link in Norwegian)NEW Deadline: 15 December 2017 (15:00)Planned Capacity Building in the Field of Higher Education 2018 Continuing deadlinesScholarship for research stay abroad for PhD candidates and Post Doctors (Link in Norwegian) Globalink allows for the Norwegian and Canadian master’s and PhD students can apply for CAD 15.000 to conduct research practice in a business in the partner country.Nærings-ph.d. (Industrial PhD)Overseas research grants under the Industrial PhD Scheme The overall objectives are to increase long-term and relevant capacity building and research in the public sector, increase recruitment of researchers to the public sector and promote greater interaction between academia and the public sector. Deadline: ContinuingFunding for companies with employees seeking to pursue a doctoral degree Deadline: ContinuingResearch and Innovation in the Educational Sector (FINNUT) (Link in Norwegian)Deadline: ContinuingMobility grants North America in educational research (UTNAM)Deadline: ContinuingInternational bilateral research cooperation (INT-BILAT)Deadline: Open-ended application deadline. The call will remain active until all the available funding has been awarded (NOK 2 million).
- The Research Council supports travel to and participation in events that expand industry-oriented R&D cooperation with Brazil, Canada, China, India, Japan, Russia, South Africa and the US. The applicant must have an existing or recently concluded project funded by the Research Council.
- The aim of the mobility grant is to contribute to increased cooperation between Norwegian and North American educational researchers through supporting visits to Norway for the purpose of research or dissemination for top North American educational researchers. The scheme will also contribute to the dissemination of results of North American research to Norway and furthermore contribute to competence building in Norwegian research communities. Grants will be awarded for visits of shorter or longer duration.
- FINNUT is a long-term programme for research and innovation in the educational sector. The programme funds research on a wide spectrum from early childhood education and care to higher education and adult Learning.
- Funding is available for new candidates under the Industrial Ph.D. scheme, with project start-up in 2016. Grant proposals are not confined to particular thematic areas or industries.
- Overseas research grants under the Public PhD Scheme (Link in Norwegian)
- Offentlig ph.d. (OFFPHD)
- Deadline: Continuing
- The overall objectives are to increase the recruitment of researchers to Norwegian industry, to boost long-term competence building and increase research efforts in business and industry and to enhance interaction between academia and industry.
- Globallink – Scholarships to Canada (Link in Norwegian)
- The offer for a scholarship for research stays abroad applies to PhD candidates and Post Doctors in projects with full or partial funding for the Research Council for a minimum of 24 months. The research stays abroad may last for a minimum of 3 months and a maximum of 12 months.
- Key Action 2: Cooperation for innovation and the exchange of good practices.
- The Eurasia Programme supports project cooperation between institutions in Norway and Armenia, Ukraine, Moldova, Georgia, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan and Tajikistan.
- NEW Melzers project fellowships for students and PhD candidates (Link in Norwegian)
- Deadline: 22 November 2017 (13:00)