Here you can find this weeks application deadlines
Current research funding announcements/deadlines (external)
- Research Council of Norway (Forskningsrådet NFR):
a) Research Program on Welfare, Working Life and Migration (VAM): International migration and the prerequisites for the welfare and working life model.
Call for researcher projects that study various aspects of the prerequisites for the welfare and working life model in light of societal changes related to migration, socioeconomic differences and greater diversity.
Deadline: 23 November 2016
b) User-identified research on CFS/ME (BEHOV-ME): will fund research under the topic of chronic fatigue syndrome / myalgic encephalomyelitis (CFS / ME).
This instrument aims to initiate research projects in areas that particularly sought by users of health services. The goal is to exploit research findings in the service within relatively short term.
Deadline: 23 November 2016
c)New The Norwegian Seafood Research Fund (FHF) funds research on marine protein to ensure that marine resources are used optimally. Documenting the potential health effects of marine raw materials is therefore essential. This is a call for research on effects of and causal relationships between consumption of marine protein and health.
Deadline: 23 November 2016
d)New User-identified research on CFS/ME (BEHOV-ME) scheme will provide funding for research on chronic fatigue syndrome/myalgic encephalomyelitis (CFS/ME). The Research Council is introducing a new funding instrument for user-identified research in areas that users of health care services have identified as particularly pressing. The following areas are in need of more reserach: a)causes b)treatment c)mapping, development and prognosis and d)public services and follow up.
This call for proposals is the first phase of a two-phase application process.
Deadline: 23 November 2016
e)New Preliminary Announcement: ERA-NET TRANSCAN-2 will launch the Joint Transnational Call for research proposals (JTC 2016) in December 2016 and the topic of the call will be:“Minimally and non-invasive methods for early detection and/or progression of cancer”. That includes: screening of the general population, risk stratification, surveillance of high risk groups, minimally invasive methods.
Deadline: Pre-proposals: 13 February 2017
f)New Preliminary Announcement: ERA-NET EuroNanoMed III cofund announcement shall promote cooperation between research groups and industry in Europe in the field of nanomedicine. EuroNanoMedIII støtter prosjektforslag som kombinerer innovativ forskning innen grunnleggende, klinisk og industriell nanomedisin.EuroNanoMedIII supports projects that combine innovative research in basic, clinical and industrial nanomedicine. The full call will be published on 14 November. The announcement will have three themes:• Regenerative medicine • Regenerative Medicine • Diagnostics • Diagnostics • Targeted delivery systems • Targeted delivery systems
Deadlines:1. trinn søknadsfrist 16.01.2017 first stage 16 January 2017 (second stage 9 June 2017)
Selected H2020 deadlines 2017:
European Research Council (ERC) Frontier research grants
Pre-announcement: Consolidator Grant: are designed to support excellent Principal Investigators at the career stage at which they may still be consolidating their own independent research team or programme.
Deadline: opening 20 October 2016; deadline 9 February 2017.
Marie Sklodovska-Curie Actions (MSCA) Excellent and innovative research training plus attractive career and knowledge-exchange opportunities through cross-border and cross-sector mobility, no thematic priorities.
MSCA-ITN: The Innovative Training Networks aim to train a new generation of creative, entrepreneurial and innovative early-stage researchers, able to face current and future challenges and to convert knowledge and ideas into products and services for economic and social benefit.
Deadline: 10 January 2017
Research and Innovation Staff Exchange (MSCA-RISE-2017): RISE gives support for mobility and exchanges of research and innovation staff, incl.managerial, technical and administrative staff between institutions in different sectors or with research institutions in countries outside of Europe.
Planned opening date: 01 December 2016
Deadline: 5 April 2017
Societal Challenges (SC): Collaborative breakthrough research and radical innovation
SC1-2017 Health, demographic change and wellbeing:
The headline goal of the programme ‘Health, Demographic Change and Wellbeing’ is better health for all. Its main policy objectives are to improve health and wellbeing outcomes, to promote healthy and active ageing, to promote market growth, job creation, and the EU as a global leader in the health area.
Personalised medicine, single-stage
Deadline: 31 January 2017
- SC1-PM-17-2017: Personalised computer models and in-silico systems for well-being
- SC1-PM-16-2017: In-silico trials for developing and assessing biomedical products
- SC1-PM-19-2017: PPI for uptake of standards for the exchange of digitalised healthcare records
Deadline: 14 March 2017
- SC1-PM-03-2017: Diagnostic characterisation of rare diseases
- SC1-PM-20-2017: Methods research for improved health economic evaluation
- SC1-PM-11-2016-2017: Clinical research on regenerative medicine
- SC1-HCO-03-2017: Implementing the Strategic Research Agenda on Personalised Medicine
- SC1-HCO-07-2017: Global Alliance for Chronic Diseases (GACD)
- SC1-HCO-08-2017: Actions to bridge the divide in European health research and innovation
Deadline: 11 April 2017
Important! Please contact Corina Guder (FA) or Faculty advisers Ramune Midttveit, Itana Sloper-Krivokapic. We urge you to start your proposal preparation work as early as possible. Advisors are at your disposal if you require assistance with topic interpretation, eligibility conditions, consortium building and other proposal preparation activities.
Horizon 2020 – Complementary Calls
a) COST Action: open Call – funding for research networks. Proposals should reflect the main characteristics of COST Actions, namely providing for knowledge sharing, creation and application, being open and output-oriented while aiming at strengthening the scientific and technological basis of the proposed topic(s).
Deadline: 1 December 2016
b) Pre-announcement IMI 2 (Innovative Medicines Initiative 2) – Call 10:
- Understanding hypoglycaemia: the underlying mechanisms and addressing clinical determinants as well as consequences for people with diabetes by combining databases from clinical trials
- How big data could support better diagnosis and treatment outcomes for prostate cancer
- Improving the care of patients suffering from acute or chronic pain
- Creation of a pan-European paediatric clinical trials network
- Biomanufacturing 2020: Development of innovative high throughput analytical tools and methods to characterize cell culture fluid during development and commercial cell culture processes
- Unlocking the solute carrier gene-family for effective new therapies
- Enhanced patient voice in medicines lifecycle
- Precision medicines approaches in autism spectrum disorders
Deadline: call is scheduled for launch in autumn 2016
c) This is not a call but it is related to European Commission Scientific Committees and it is about Database of Experts. This database is open to scientists wishing to contribute to the work of the Scientific Committees on specific issues, on an ad hoc basis, as members of working groups or for scientific hearings and workshops. If interested, you can fill out the online application form, which is given on the above assigned webpage.
Read more (information and routines for application): http://www.uib.no/en/horizon2020
PES (Project establishment support) and POS (posisjoneringsmidler) for Horizon2020 applicants (Norges Forskningsråd/UiB): open-ended during Horizon2020 Call period. You can apply for PES support by filling in PES application form (which is given on the above linked page) and sending it to Kristin.Hansen@uib.no.
- EEA/Norway Grants
a) Romania-Norway scholarship: call for bilateral cooperation, study visits.
Deadline: 31 October 2016
Deadline: 1 November 2016
- Nord Forsk:
a) Pre-announcement: New instrument for Nordic university cooperation to be launched late 2016. The overall goal of the new funding instrument is to strengthen international competitiveness and facilitate the development of world leading research environments in the Nordic region.
- The European & Developing Countries Clinical Trials Partnership (EDCTP)
Proposals are invited for the following topics:
- Vaccines for poverty-related diseases (PRDs)
- Strategic actions supporting large-scale clinical trials
- Deadline: 29 October 2016
- Ethics and regulatory capacities
Deadline: 22 November 2016
- Mills Vita Hjertego
Mills announces the third call for applications of the “Vita hjertego'” fund for research and prevention of heart diseases. Research on heart friendly diets will be prioritized.
Deadline: 28 October 2016
- The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson’s Research
The Michael J. Fox Foundation works tirelessly to accelerate promising research toward breakthroughs for Parkinson’s patients. Foundation is now accepting applications for 2016 funding through its three core grant programs.
Deadline: Full Proposal Invitations December 2016
- WUN (Worldwide Universities Network)
Call for 2016 Research Development Fund (RDF). The RDF offers grants of up to £12,000 to foster partnership in the network, and support research collaborations in the follow WUN Global Challenge non-communicable disease – focusing in the 2016 round on a life course approach to healthy ageing; health of migrants; the resilience of adolescents and health workers in different cultural contexts; and schools as a setting for reducing risk factors associated with NCDs. Info from UiB.
Deadline: 28 October 2016
- 10. Bill & Melinda Gates foundation: Global Grand Challenges list two relevant calls:
a) Accelerate Development of New Therapies for Childhood Cryptosporidium Infection is soliciting new tools and technologies that have potential i) to overcome the technical barriers in working with Cryptosporidium ii) to improve our ability to develop and translate active compounds into effective therapies for treatment of pediatric cryptosporidiosis.
Deadline: 9 November 2016
b) Develop Novel Platforms to Accelerate Contraceptive Drug Discovery is soliciting concepts for contraceptive discovery platforms that can contribute to development of new safe and effective methods suitable for women or men living in limited resource settings for long-term regular use, in the form of injectables, implants, or regular oral contraception.
Deadline: 9 November 2016
- The Chinese University of Hong Kong (CUHK): Inbound Research Mobility Scheme for 2016-17. The programme supports inbound visiting scholars from overseas universities to undertake short-term research visits of up to two weeks at CUHK. Researchers holding full-time employment from all disciplines in overseas universities and institutions are welcome to apply.
Deadline: 15 November 2016
The integration of several specialist services and technologies such as biobanking, curated databases, systems biology, mouse mutant phenotyping and so on of more than 15 CORBEL partner institutes will be made accessible to interested scientists. Successful applicants will have the unique opportunity to access multiple research infrastructures with just one application. Available services are grouped into four different Access Tracks:
- Genotype-to-Phenotype analysis 2. Pharmacology for safer drugs/ chemical products 3. Structure-function analysis of large protein complexes 4. Marine Metazoan Developmental Models
Deadline: 30 November 2016
Fellowships and Personal Grants
Research on the molecular mechanisms of life at all levels.
Deadline: throughout the year.
The Commonwealth Fund’s Harkness Fellowships in Health Care Policy and Practice provide a unique opportunity for mid-career health services researchers and practitioners from Australia, Canada, France, Germany, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, and the United Kingdom to spend up to 12 months in the United States, conducting original research and working with leading U.S. health policy experts.
Deadline: 14 November 2016
- Selected Partnering Event “Meet for Life Sciences” with focus on Pharmaceuticals, Medical devices, Biology/Biotechnology & IT Applications for Health, 25-27 October 2016, Rome; Italy.
- Eighth EDCTP Forum: is one of the most prominent conferences on HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis, malaria and other neglected infectious diseases prevalent in Africa, 6-9 November 2016 in Lusaka, Zambia. Registration is open.
- The Biobank and Health Data Conference 2016, the annual Biobank and health data conference will take place at The House of Literature in Oslo, 8-9 November 2016
- Joined Oslo Cancer Cluster and CCBIO R&D Network and Networking Lunch in Bergen. The theme for this R&D Network Meeting including a networking lunch in Bergen is *Personalised cancer therapy: repurposing and in vitro drug screen*; 10 November, Bergen,
- Workshop: How to make your ERC Consolidator Grant proposal competitive will provide you with valuable input for writing a competitive ERC Grant proposal, Domus Academica, Auditorium 4, Karl Johan’s Street no. 47, Oslo,15 November. Registrationwithin 10th November.
- Healthcare Brokerage Event MEDICA 2016: The aim is to assist enterprises, universities and research institutions in finding partners in Europe for partnership; 15-17 November, Dusseldorf
- European Summit on Digital Innovation for Active & Healthy Ageing is designed to harness the transformative potential of the Digital Single Market, develop joint actions and maximise the benefits of digital innovation for Europe’s ageing society, 5-8 December 2016, Brussels.
Funding for cooperation in higher education
For å bidra til økt norsk deltakelse og gevinst fra Erasmus+ lyser SIU ut ca. 1 million kroner til dekning av prosjektetableringskostnader for norske institusjoner, organisasjoner og bedrifter som ønsker å utvikle en prosjektsøknad innenfor et av følgende sentraliserte tiltak under Erasmus+:
Deadline: 1 November 2016 (12.00)
EURASIA Programme (Short-term projects)
The Eurasia Programme supports project cooperation between institutions in Norway and Ukraine, Moldova, Georgia, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan and Tajikistan.
- Short-term projects (project period from 1 January 2017 – 31 December 2018)
Deadline: 17 November 2016 (15:00)
Norske organisasjoner/bedrifter kan sende inn prosjektskisser der de beskriver samarbeid de ønsker å gjennomføre med land i utviklingsland. Skissene vil bli brukt i arbeidet med utformingen av programmet, som får hovedutlysning i 2017.
NB! Det følger ikke midler med prosjektskissene.
Deadline: 30 November 2016 (15.00)
Forskningsrådet gir støtte til bedrifter med ansatte som ønsker å ta doktorgrad. Ordningens overordnede målsettinger er økt forskerrekruttering i næringslivet, økt langsiktig kompetansebygging og forskningsinnsats i næringslivet og økt samspill mellom akademia og næringsliv.
Forskningsrådet ønsker å bidra til at norske forskere i større grad deltar i internasjonalt forskningssamarbeid. Nærings-ph.d. lyser ut tilleggsmidler for prosjekter som allerede finansieres av programmet. Det er satt av inntil 1 million kroner for 2015 til utenlandsstipend for prosjekter som mottar støtte fra Nærings-ph.d.-ordningen.
FINNUT skal utvikle kunnskap av høy kvalitet og relevans for politikkutforming, forvaltning, praksisfelt og den enkelte, bidra til fornyelse av forskningsfeltet og medvirke til innovasjon i utdanningssektoren.
Deadline other projects: Continuing