In 2021, UiB will be 75 years old and everyone at UiB is invited to join the celebration, see information here.
The anniversary will have “Knowledge That Shaped Society” as a theme, and will make visible our values, our strengths and our role in society, with the faculties and the University Museum as our most important arenas of knowledge. In the autumn, there will be a separate Anniversary Week 25 – 31 October, with activities and events for UiB’s students and staff, but also for a wider audience. K2 can propose contributions to the f
Faculty that will take this on to the Anniversary Committee.
K2 now asks everyone for:
- Proposals for contributions this autumn’s Anniversary Week should be sent to the Head of Research, Silke Appel (email@example.com) or the Head of Teaching, Mette Vesterhus (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 26/4.
- Can take place from the start of studies until the autumn and into 2021
- Can be lectures, podcasts, guided tours, debates, conversations, exhibitions, printed matter, concerts, readings, art projects, chronicles, etc
- Not only retrospective topics, but also topics that are current, such as:
- What role should the university play in the future in a world with fake news, alternative facts?
- What will be the next pandemic? How should society prepare?
- How far can one go in replacing human parts?
Hoping for many and innovative suggestions!
Have a great weekend,