The intention of small assets (SMÅFORSK) is to support grouos that doesn’t have major funding, to enable them to start new pojects. SMÅFORSK is a joint funding from the NRC and UiB and it has to be used the year it’s granted. Applicants can ask for coverage for travles, seminars, courses, material, technical and administrative assistance and outher operating expenses. In line withthe intentions, it’s a requirement that the applicant is permanent, active researcher at the Department of Clinical Science. The Department management will emphasize that the applicants have Applied for funding from other sources over the two last years.
Criteria and requirements:
- The research group by its leader is the applicant and the purpose must be discussed and prioritized within the research group.
- It must be documented that the group has applied for other external research funding in 2016
- The funding is for one year and have to be used within the Budget year, as the funds are not transferable to the next year.
- The funds will be granted to reseach groups that hasn’t had any lage assets already.
- Documentation on how the funds will be spent must be presented.
Don’t do like he in the parable of the talents that buried this. Use SMÅFORSK to invest in lager future grants.
Good luck !
The Reseach Committee at the Department of Clinical Science allocates funds at the next meeting. Fill in the apllication forms and send them to Siv Johnsen Eggereide
Deadline: January 13th 2017