Dear all of you!
Do you/your research group/teaching group know someone who has excelled in 2021, either on the research front (publication, research/innovation environment, PhD work, dissemination) or in terms of teaching? The Faculty of Medicine has announced several awards for 2021, so now you have the chance to nominate colleagues/environment (or yourself!). The categories are
- Publication of the Year
- Research group/innovation of the year
- PhD work of the year
- Award for outstanding research dissemination
- Teaching award (There are no specific price categories, but a main price of NOK 150,000 and up to two more awards of NOK 50,000 each are awarded! )
We from K2 can put forward a candidate in each category, so do not hesitate to submit proposals (with justification) by Monday 7 February. More detailed information can be found here
Proposal for Publication/PhD/Group/Dissemination
Proposal for Teaching awards
To all employees.
We are approaching the fifth annual SDG Conference Bergen – hosted by UiB on the 9th to the 11th of February.
Like last year, the conference will be digital and free to attend. In 2021 the conference had over 2600 participants from more than 100 countries!
We will also repeat the success of arranging Day Zero to kick off the SDG Conference Bergen on the 9th of February.
On Day Zero, you can attend a number of very interesting seminars and workshops, all with different approaches to sustainability. If you teach students, many of the events could also be relevant to attend with your students. Perhaps the day’s lecture could be to attend one or several workshops?
There are more than 30 events to choose from, and the topics are varied. Take a look at the programme for Day Zero here: https://www.uib.no/en/sdgconference/148573/day-zero-wednesday-9-february-2022
This year’s fully digital conference also provides us with new opportunities to present emerging and important research by motivated PhD candidates and postdoctoral fellows addressing the conference themes. We invite all those interested – from any disciplinary field – to send in digital posters on your research, relevant to the theme of the conference, before February 1st. Read more here.
I hope you will enjoy the SDG Conference Bergen.
With best regards
Rector Margareth Hagen
The IT department at the UiB is interested in hearing from research groups doing data-intensive research at our department. What computers are needed? What services do you use? Do you have access to adapted support? If you have specific needs or ideas on how research at our department can benefit from better IT, please get in touch:
This programme is composed of four different calls:
Deadline 31st of January 2022.
- Åsgard-Research is designed for researchers willing to develop collaborations between France and Norway. It funds a one-week stay in France, allowing the researcher to meet counterparts in universities and research institutions.
- Åsgard-Innovation is designed for professionals working in technology transfer structures, clusters etc. and aims at exchanging best practices as well as creating new collaborations. It funds a one-week stay in France to meet relevant counterparts.
- Åsgard-Staff is designed for professionals working in research administration in universities, research centers and funding agencies, in particular EU advisers. It aims at exchanging best practices as well as creating new collaborations. It funds a one-week stay in France to meet relevant counterparts.
- Åsgard-Research+ is designated for researchers and professionnals from the innovation sector who have been laureate of the Åsgard-Research programme, the PHC Aurora, wishing to carry out a research project with a French partner. It funds a one-week stay in France for a team.
Please note: Considering the current situation of the COVID-19 pandemic, it will be possible to complete your mobility in virtual format.
Feel free to contact us for more information regarding this programme and to share this call!
Information and application
The Institut français in Norway – Science Department
T +47 23 20 30 05