Here you will find this weeks application deadlines:
Current research funding announcements/deadlines (external)
1. Research Council of Norway (Forskningsrådet NFR):
a) INTPART: Funding for studies or research in China. The Chinese government offers up to 10 scolarships for Norwegian students or researchers who wish to study or conduct research at a Chinese institution.
Deadline: 15 March 2016
b) Integrating and opening research infrastructures of European interest. Open call to bring together, integrate on European scale, and open up key national and regional research infrastructures to all European researchers. It is possible to join already established consortia.
- Vaccine infrastructures
- Experimental facilities for animal disease and infectiology (including zoonoses)
- Centres for replacement, reduction and refinement (3 Rs) of non-human primate testing
- Research Infrastructures for the control of vector-borne diseases
Deadline: 30 March 2016
c) Pre-Announcement BEDREHELSE: Intervention research, effect and implementation of health promotion and preventive measures. Research has to be cross-sectoral and requires close collaboration with partners who decide and implement measures: public sector, private sector, NGOs and other partners locally, nationally and internationally.
Deadline: 20 April 2016
d) Pre-Announcement BEHANDLING: Topic rehabilitation defined as limited in time, planned processes with clear targets and measures, where several participants are working together to provide the necessary assistance to the patient and the user’s own efforts to achieve the best possible functioning and coping ability, independence and participation socially and in society
Deadline: 20 April 2016
e) FORNY2020 Proof-of-Concept call: promotes innovation based on research results. The programme facilitates the commercialisation of results from projects conducted at publicly-funded research institutions and helps to bring the products and services to the market. BTO will coordinate the application process, project management and business development. In the last years, 30 – 50 % of our applications have been successful.
Deadline: 20 April 2016
2. The Norwegian Cancer Society
Foreign Scholarships: A personal grant is awarded to a designated individual (researcher, doctoral fellow or post-doctoral fellow) to promote competence building and internationalization of Norwegian research. Overseas research grants are awarded under the auspices of a project funded by the Norwegian Cancer Society and may be provided for visits abroad lasting from two to 12 months.
Deadline: 15 March 2016
3. NEW ExtraStiftelsen
Issues related to health services in the municipalities and the interaction between various players in the health sector, including user involvement, will be given priority in the application process. It can also be applied for clinical research related to development of new treatments and services.
- mars: Søknadsfrist for ExtraExpress vår.
- juni: Søknadsfrist for forskningsprosjekter.
Informasjonsmøte: Utlysning av forskningsmidler i Extrastiftelsen
Program og påmelding: se her
Tid: Mandag 14. mars kl 09-11:15 Sted: Haukeland universitetssykehus, Auditoriet, Bikuben
Selected H2020 deadlines 2016:
European Research Council (ERC) Frontier research grants
Pre-Announcement Advanced Grants: are designed to support excellent Principal Investigators at the career stage at which they are already established research leaders with a recognised track record of research achievements.
Deadline: 1 September 2016.
A course for ERC Advanced Grants at UiB: External consultants from Beacontech in Tel Aviv, Israel, who have a very good track record of success with ERC will held the course. As a special service you can book individual sessions with the consultants after lunch to discuss and shape your idea and get feedback on your CV and track record presentation. Date: 9 June, UiB Bergen
Please register using a form to help FA plan the day accordingly.
Marie Sklodovska-Curie Actions (MSCA) Excellent and innovative research training plus attractive career and knowledge-exchange opportunities through cross-border and cross-sector mobility, no thematic priorities.
Research and Innovation Staff Exchange (RISE): supports cooperation between academic and non-academic organisations within Europe and worldwide by funding short-term exchanges for staff (secondments).
Deadline: 28 April 2016
NEW Pre-Announcement Individual Fellowships (IF): aims to help experienced researchers to advance their careers and gain new skills through advanced training, international mobility, and optional intersectoral secondments. The host organization can be universities and research institutes in addition to a company or other non-academic sector organizations.
Deadline: 14 September 2016
Societal Challenges (SC): Collaborative breakthrough research and radical innovation
SC1-2016 Health, demographic change and wellbeing: Personalised medicine, single stage
The headline goal of the programme ‘Health, Demographic Change and Wellbeing’ is better health for all. Its main policy objectives are to improve health and wellbeing outcomes, to promote healthy and active ageing, to promote market growth, job creation, and the EU as a global leader in the health area.
- SC1-PM-01-2016:Multi omics for personalised therapies addressing diseases of the immune system
- SC1-PM-04-2016:Networking and optimising the use of population and patient cohorts at EU level
- SC1-PM-06-2016:Vaccine development for malaria and/or neglected infectious diseases
- SC1-PM-09-2016:New therapies for chronic diseases
- SC1-PM-11-2016-2017:Clinical research on regenerative medicine
- SC1-PM-21-2016:Implementation research for scaling-up of evidence based innovations and good practice in Europe and low- and middle-income countries
Deadline: 13 April 2016
For more topics and infomation please check here.
Important! Please contact Sumathi Subramaniam or Ramune Midttveit asap in the case you are planing to send an application for this Programme.
Horizon 2020 – Complementary Calls
a) IMI 2 (Innovative Medicines Initiative 2) – Call 7 for proposals in now open and covers the following topics:
- Validation of translational imaging methods in drug safety assessment (TRISTAN)
- Identification of druggable targets modulating misfolded proteins in Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s diseases
- Pathological neuron-glia interactions in neuropathic pain
- Dry age-related macular degeneration: development of novel clinical endpoints for clinical trials with a regulatory and patient access intention
- A comprehensive ‘pediatric preclinical POC platform’ to enable clinical molecule development for children with cancer
Deadline: 17 March 2016
b) COST Action: open Call – funding for research networks. Proposals should reflect the main characteristics of COST Actions, namely providing for knowledge sharing, creation and application, being open and output-oriented while aiming at strengthening the scientific and technological basis of the proposed topic(s).
Deadline: 25 April 2016
c) JPIAMR: Transmission Dynamics of Anti-Microbial Resistance (AMR) Call for Proposals. Call will support multidisciplinary research networks to conduct collaborative and complementary studies that will unravel the complex dynamics of selection and transmission of antimicrobial resistance to understand the mechanisms that contribute to the spread of resistance.
Deadline: for pre-proposals 21 March 2016
d) Call is open! AAL (Active and assisted living) announces the challenge for the AAL 2016 Call for proposals of the AAL Programme:“Living well with dementia. The contribution of ICT to integrated solutions for enabling the wellbeing of people living with dementia and their communities”.
Deadline: 26 May 2016
AAA call 2016 information day, 8-9 March Brussels
e) ERA-NET NEURON launches a joint transnational call in the field of “External insults to the nervous system”. Focus is primary physical insults to the central nervous system, i.e. traumatic brain injury and spinal cord injury. More info from RCN.
Deadline for pre-proposals: 14 March 2016
Read more (information and routines for application): http://www.uib.no/en/horizon2020
PES (Project establishment support) and POS (posisjoneringsmidler) for Horizon2020 applicants (Norges Forskningsråd/UiB): open-ended during Horizon2020 Call period.
6. The Novo Nordisk Foundation
Exploratory pre-seed grants: seek to support application-oriented research and to test new ideas that may lead to the development of new medical treatments, disease prevention, devices and diagnostic methods as well as new industrial biotechnology in the life science area.
Deadline: 5 April 2016
7. NEW The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation – Grand Challenges Explorations
The Foundation aims to harness advances in science and technology to save lives in developing countries. Topics in open call:
- Assess Family Planning Needs, Preferences and Behaviors to Inform Innovations in Contraceptive Technologies and Services
- Develop Novel Platforms to Accelerate Contraceptive Drug Discovery
- Design New Analytics Approaches for Malaria Elimination
- Accelerate Development of New Therapies for Childhood Cryptosporidium Infection
- Novel Approaches to Characterizing and Tracking the Global Burden of Antimicrobial Resistance
- Explore New Solutions in Global Health Priority Areas
Deadline: 11 May
8. The Human Frontier Science Program (HFSP)
(HFSP) is an international program of research support, funding frontier research on the complex mechanisms of living organisms. Call for 2017 Program and Young Investigator applications are now open.
Deadline: for registration is 21 March 2016
9. EEA/Norway Grants
Estonia – Public health initiatives: call for bilateral funds.
Deadline: 1 November 2016
10. Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinsons’s research
Research within three different programmes will be funded:
- Target Advancement Program: one to two years grants, $100.000 to $200.000 per project
- Therapeutic Pipeline Program, up to three years of funding, budget is not limited, MJFF will commit up to $10 million to the program
- Outcome Measures Program, one to three years grant, budget is not limited, MJFF will commit up to $4 million to the program
Deadline: for pre-proposals 18 May 2016
11. Civitan Norges Forskningsfond
“Civitan Norges Forskningsfond for Alzheimers sykdom” has an open call for applications. Up to 200 000 NOK are available for one or more research projects.
Deadline: 1 May 2016
Funding for cooperation in higher education
ERASMUS+ (via SIU)
ERASMUS+ page/Programme Guide
Transnational projects enhancing the quality and innovativeness of learning and teaching, developing new curricula, building bridges between the different sectors of education and fostering more intense forms of cooperation to achieve the modernisation objectives, including a better exploitation of open education resources. Minimum of three organisations from three different Programme Countries.
Deadline: 31 March 2016
NEW SPIRE proposals
University of Bergen´s Strategic Programme for International Research and Education (SPIRE) in 2016. This call is open to individual academic members of staff from all faculties, departments and centres within the University of Bergen. Multilateral projects that partner with more than one institution are particularly welcomed.
Deadline: 29 April 2016
NEW Program for forskning og innovasjon i utdanningssektoren (2014-2023) (FINNUT)
FINNUT skal utvikle kunnskap av høy kvalitet og relevans for politikkutforming, forvaltning, praksisfelt og den enkelte, bidra til fornyelse av forskningsfeltet og medvirke til innovasjon i utdanningssektoren.
Deadline Innovation projects in the education sector: 20 April 2016 (13.00)
Deadline other projects: Continuing
NEW Nordic-Russian cooperation
Promotes multifaceted contacts in the fields of education and research, in the interest of sustainable social and economic development in the Nordic countries and Russia.
Deadline: 2 May 2016 (15.00)
NEW (Pre-announcement) INTPART
Aims to contribute to durable relations with strong scientific environments in prioritized countries outside of the EU. Projects must extend beyond collaborations between individual researchers and PhD candidates. Information meeting 7 April 2016 (Bergen)
Deadline: 25 May 2016
NEW (Pre-announcement) UTFORSK
The main objective of the UTFORSK Partnership Programme is to promote cooperation on higher education with Brazil, China, India, Japan, Russia and South Africa. Information meeting 7 April 2016 (Bergen)
Deadline: 31 May 2016
NEW (Pre-announcement) Partnership Programme with North America
The programme supports scientific collaborations and aims to establish durable and scientifically founded collaborations with Canada and the USA. Main partner in Norway and in Canada and/or the USA must be HEI with accredited education programmes. At least 50 % of the grands will be awarded to projects that include network partners from the employment and business sector. Information meeting 7 April 2016 (Bergen)
Deadline: 31 May 2016
Fellowships and Personal Grants
EMBO (European Molecular Biology Organization) Fellowships
Research on the molecular mechanisms of life at all levels.
Deadline: throughout the year.
- Sean McCarthy courses: How to write impact section for H2020 applications, 15 March Oslo
- Conference: 8th European Conference on Comparative Neurobiology (ECCN). April 7 – 9, 2016, Munich
- 2nd Symposium of the Bridging Nordic Imaging Network and the 1st Cellular Imaging workshop, 14-15 April 2016 Gothenburg, Sweden
- Event: Nordic-French H2020 workshop on Rare Diseases. The objective is to generate more H2020 applications targeting these calls. Oslo, 12 – 13 May, 2016
Personalised Medicine Conference 2016, 1-2 June Brussels
- eHealth Week 2016: This year’s educational programme will focus on three main themes: Empowering People, Trust & Standards and Innovation & Transition, 8-10 June, Amsterdam