The intention of small assets (SMÅFORSK) is to support groups that do not have major funding, to enable them to start new projects. SMÅFORSK is a joint funding from the NRC and the University of Bergen and it has to be used the year it is granted. Applicants can ask for covering of costs of travels, workshops, courses, material, technical and administrative assistance and other operating expenses. In line with the intentions, it is a requirement that the applicant is a permanent employee and an active researcher at the Department of Clinical Science. The Department management will emphasize that the applicants have applied for funding from other sources over the last two years.
Criteria and requirements
- The research group by its leader is the applicant and the purpose must be discussed and prioritized within the research group
- It must be documented that the group applied for other external research funding in 2015
- The funding is for one year and have to be used within the fiscal year, as the funds are not transferable to the next year.
- The funds will be granted to research groups that do not already have large assets
- Documentation on how the funds will be spent must be presented
Don’t do like he in the parable of the talents that buried it. Use SMÅFORSK to invest in larger future grants.
The Research Committee at the Department of Clinical Science allocates funds at the next meeting. Send applicaton forms to Siv Johnsen Eggereide email@example.com
Deadline: 1st March 2016