It is time for the allocation of small research funds (SMÅFORSK). The funds are a joint effort between NFR and UiB. The intention is that the funds should be given to research groups that have not received large grants so that they can start new projects. It can be applied to cover expenses for travel, seminars, courses, materials, technical-administrative assistance and other operating costs.
Requirements for application and criteria for allocation:
– The funds go to researchers who do not have large operating assets already.
– The size of the individual grants is between 15 000-150 000 NOK.
– The funds must be used by 2023 and cannot be transferred to 2024.
– Recipients must be active researchers in a permanent scientific position at K2, Prof. II or 1.am. II.
– Recipients must have applied for external funds in recent years.
All permanent scientific employees (including scientific employees in 10-50% position) at K2 can apply. It is done via this link. Deadline is 27.3.2023.
Then there will also be an infrastructure announcement from NFR this year, the guidelines are still unresolved. However, the faculty wants a survey of the applications with a deadline of 17 April on this form.
Have a nice weekend!