All employees at UiB must register holidays in the self-service-portal.
The holidays must be registered in the portal for approval, marked in the comment field that is has been approved by nearest leader.
If you are uncertain of the dates, register anyway and eventually change afterwards.
It is very important that everybody register their holidays for the whole year. This is because you should plan and take the holidays you have earned within the year, and because it is important that the holiday account for UiB shows correct figures.
The institute is followed up and must report this monthly to the Faculty.
Link and guidance to the self-service-portal: Selvbetjeningsportalen | Ansattsider | UiB
Note that you must select the buttom ‘Fraværssøknader’ and ‘Opprett søknad’
If you need further guidance, please contact me.
Head of Administration
The scientific computing group at UiB IT department is collaborating nationally and internationally to provide training on practical scientific computing related topics.
These are free online courses and target students, researchers, and employees of any background who are eager to learn basic scientific computing skills or improve their existing knowledge on the topic.
This autumn we are collaborating three courses:
- CodeRefinerey Online Workshop: September 20-22 and 27-29. Please see the course page for more details https://coderefinery.github.io/2022-09-20-workshop/
- NRIS HPC On-boarding: October 18-20. Please see the course page for more details https://documentation.sigma2.no/training/events/2022-10-hpc-on-boarding.html
- NRIS Best Practices on HPC : November 1-2. Please see the course page for more details https://documentation.sigma2.no/training/events/2022-11-best-practices-on-NRIS-clusters.html
Please advertise these courses at your department to people who are interested in attending these courses. If you have any question kindly reply to this email.
Mastering academic English can be as important as mastering your discipline itself. This is a course for PhD candidates and Postdoctoral fellows at the Faculty of Medicine and the Faculty of Psychology who wants to improve their academic writing and presentation skills in English. There will be courses targeting other Faculties later this autumn.
PhD candidates and Postdoctoral fellows who want to improve their academic writing and presentation skills in English.
This course is especially targeting the Faculty of Medicine and Faculty of Psychology.
Application deadline is at 3 pm the 3rd of October 2022.
More information and Registration Improve Your Academic Writing and Presentation Skills in English | UiB Ferd karrieresenter for yngre forskere | UiB
We are happy to invite you to a Special CCBIO Seminar in Zoom, Thursday September 29 from 12.30-13.30, with Professor Klaus Pantel.
For PhD candidates across Norway working on AI linked topics, Norwegian Artificial Intelligence Research Consortium (NORA) is planning two important activities in November.
- Nordic AI Meet, 14-15 November :https://nordicaimeet.com/ to bring a wide range of expertise in form of keynotes, select presentations & posters from PhD students across Nordics apart from Industry engagement and other fun activities.
- Research School Annual Conference, 16 November :https://www.nora.ai/research-school/symposium.html. The research school conference is more like an unconference as it will have components that foster tighter collaboration among PhD students and also enable them to meet each other face to face. There will be a mingling welcome dinner for the conference on 15thNovember in Kristiania University College Campus in Oslo Center. Seats are limited for the 16 November event. Registration is free but it will be on first come first serve basis.
UiB handles large amounts of personal data and information, both in research and administration. You as an employee need to know how personal data is handled and how you can maintain data security, both for yourself as a person and for UiB.
All our employees complete a basic course in data protection and data security. The course consists of short modules, each of which takes a few minutes to complete.
This e-mail is being sent to you because you have not completed the course. We hope you will find the time to do this!
The link below will take you to the course on Mitt UiB:
Click here to start the course