It is time for the allocation of small research funds (SMÅFORSK). The funds are available due to joint efforts between RCN and UiB. The intention of these allocations is that funds will be awarded research groups that have not been endowed large allocations so that they can start new projects. Applicants can ask for means to cover expenses for travel, seminars, courses, materials, technical-administrative assistance and other operating expenses.
Requirements for application and criteria for allocation:
– Funding for researchers without a lot of funding.
– You can apply for 15 000-150 000 NOK.
– The funds have to be used within 2020 and cannot be transferred to 2021.
– Recipient has to be an active researcher with a permanent position, prof II or 1.am. II
– The recipient must have applied for external funding during the past years.
Since it has not worked optimally to limit the application to the research group leaders, this year everybody with a permanent scientific position (including the ones with adjunct positions) may send inn an application. Use the following link.