Here you will find this weeks application deadlines:
Current research funding announcements/deadlines (external)
1. Research Council of Norway (Forskningsrådet NFR):
a) Preannouncement: SFF IV Call for proposals for new Centres of Excellence (SFF) with start-up in 2017. The financial framework for this call is NOK 150 million per year. The Research Council anticipates funding nine to 12 new centres.
Deadline: 25 November 2015
b) Preannouncement: FINNUT Call for pilot projects to develop innovative ideas in the education sector.
Deadline: 25 November 2015
2. The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson’s Research
The Michael J. Fox Foundation works tirelessly to accelerate promising research toward breakthroughs for Parkinson’s patients. Foundation is now accepting applications for 2016 funding through its three core grant programs.
Deadline: for pre-proposals is 28 October 2015
3. The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation has an open call for applications of innovative global health and development solutions and Vaccine Manufacturing.
a) Grand Challenges Explorations:
- Novel Approaches to Characterizing and Tracking the Global Burden of Antimicrobial Resistance
- Explore New Solutions in Global Health Priority Areas
- Addressing Newborn and Infant Gut Health Through Bacteriophage-Mediated Microbiome Engineering
- Explore New Ways to Measure Delivery and Use of Digital Financial Services Data
Deadline: 11 November 2015
b) New Interventions for Global Health: Vaccine Manufacturing.
Deadline: 5 November 2015
4. Horizon 2020 – several Calls
Selected H2020 deadlines 2015:
European Research Council (ERC) Frontier research grants
Starting Grant: for young Principal Investigators to develop independent careers and make the transition from working under a supervisor to being independent researchers in their own right. Deadline: 17 November 2015
Preannouncement: Consolidator Grants are designed to support excellent Principal Investigators at the career stage at which they may still be consolidating their own independent research team or programme.
Deadline: 2 February 2016. Call opens 15 October.
Societal Challenges (SC): Collaborative breakthrough research and radical innovation
The draft SC1 in the area of “Health, demographic change and well-being” Work Programme for 2016-17 has been pre-published. Open calls are expected in mid-October 2015.
RCN organizes a Health Day 4 November at the Haukeland University Hospital (Aud. B301). Participants that have ideas to contributions in EU projects are invited to fill in the Project Outline (PDF-49.4 KB) form, and send it to email@example.com within November 1. Registration is open!
Horizon 2020 – Complementary Calls
IMI 2 (Innovative Medicines Initiative 2) – Call 6 for proposals in now open and covers the following topics:
- Development of Quantitative System Toxicology (QST) approaches to improve the understanding of the safety of new medicines
- Establishing impact of respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) infection, resultant disease and public health approach to reducing the consequences
There are also 2 topics called for under the ‘Big Data for Better Outcomes programme:
- Real World Outcomes across the Alzheimer’s disease (AD) Spectrums (ROADS) to Better Care
- Development of an outcomes-focused platform to empower policy makers and clinicians to optimise care for patients with haematologic malignancies.Deadline: 12 January 2015
IMI Organises 5 Webinars on the Upcoming IMI2 Call 6
Read more (information and routines for application): http://www.uib.no/en/horizon2020
PES (Project establishment support) and POS (posisjoneringsmidler) for Horizon2020 applicants (Norges Forskningsråd/UiB): open-ended during Horizon2020 Call period.
6. WUN (Worldwide Universities Network)
Call for 2015 Research Development Fund (RDF). The RDF offers grants of up to £15,000 to foster partnership in the network, including new members as a priority, and support research collaborations in the follow WUN Global Challenge (most appropriate for MOF): (non-communicable disease) – focusing in the 2015 round on a life course approach to healthy ageing; health of migrants; the resilience of adolescents and health workers in different cultural contexts; and schools as a setting for reducing risk factors associated with NCDs. Info from UiB.
Deadline: 30 October 2015
7. EEA/Norway Grants
a) Slovenia Scholarship: Call for Mobility Projects and Inter-institutional Cooperation Projects
Deadline: 1 December 2015
b) Bulgaria Scholarship: Fifth Call Mobility Projects in Higher Education
Deadline: 23 December 2015
8. Mills Vita Hjertego
Mills announces the second call for applications of the “Vita hjertego'” fund for research and prevention of heart diseases. Research on heart friendly diets will be prioritized.
Deadline: 17 November 2015
Fellowships and Personal Grants
1. EMBO (European Molecular Biology Organization) Fellowships
Research on the molecular mechanisms of life at all levels.
Short-term (postdocs and advanced PhD students) fellowships fund research visits of up to three months to laboratories in Europe and elsewhere in the world. The aim is to facilitate valuable collaborations with research groups applying techniques that are unavailable in the applicant’s laboratory.
Deadline: throughout the year.
2. The Doctoral School of the Faculty of Biology and Medicine (FBM) at University of Louisiana offers PhD Fellowships in Life Science starting October 2016.
Deadline: 26 October 2015
3. PhD fellowships in Hon Kong. The Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme (HKPFS) aims at attracting the best and brightest students in the world to pursue their PhD studies in Hong Kong’s institutions.
Deadline: 1 December 2015
4. IBSA Foundation Fellowships Call 2015: offers fellowships of 24’000 Euros to under 35 years of age researchers, PhD students and MDs in 5 research fields: both basic and clinic endocrinology, fertility, dermathology, reumathology, pain medicine.
Deadline: 31 December 2015
1. NanoMed2015 Conference: The conference will provide an interactive forum where researchers and industry can meet to discuss how future demands within health care and medical services can be a driving force for research and innovation in nanotechnology. 27 October, Oslo (RCN)
2. Event: Health Tech 2020. 29-30 October, London. This event provides an opportunity for networking and matchmaking to form project consortia as well as to help target the €2 billion of funding for Health Tech activities from upcoming Horizon 2020 calls.
3. NevroNor conference 2015. 17 November, Park Inn by Radisson Oslo Airport, Oslo
4. Healthcare Brokerage Event MEDICA 2015, 17-19 November, Düsseldorf.
5. Seminar: KLINISK FORSKNING – til det beste for pasienter og samfunnet. 24 november, Oslo (RCN).