The faculty has made new guidelines for this autumns dissertations;
– Full digital disputations are still recommended. By fully digital we mean a solution where everyone involved, including the candidate, is disputing from their own home or office (with private or UiB equipment).
– The faculty allows for the use of suitable UiB premises by agreement with the relevant department. This is particularly relevant if the candidate only has access to the Helse-Bergen PC. If UiB premises are used, supervisors, as well as any committee chair and custos may be in the same room as the candidate. Opponents are not allowed to be physically present, even in cases where they are already in Bergen. Note that custos and committee chairmen must then have an opportunity to retire to attend the digital committee meeting, so that their own (brought) equipment is required for this. You can use a laptop, tablet or similar, but note that this must also be tested.
– PhD coordinator or other representatives from the administration can not be expected to be physically present, but will be available digitally and facilitate testing and implementation.
– Everyone who has an active role in the disputation must participate in testing in advance, with the equipment and in the room they will be staying at the disputation itself. Everyone who has an active role during the disputation must become well acquainted with the equipment through testing.
– IT assistant can be physically present as long as they do not work from home office. This is ordered via UiB help.
– Zoom webinar is the recommended solution from UiB Central. The IT department is working to get more licenses in place, probably from October. We will keep you updated on progress, but until further notice, UiBhjelp can be used to order the use of the license.
– The department will not provide food, tablecloths, cloaks or flowers to the room where the candidate is staying.
– It will not be possible to invite the public into the disputation room, even if the size of the room should indicate that it is possible.
– The faculty will offer administrative support to the departments on dates where one department has two disputations on the same day, but we will try as much as possible to avoid collisions.
Questions? Please contact Irene Hjelmaas