Here you will find this weeks application deadlines:
Current research funding announcements/deadlines (external)
1. Research Council of Norway (Forskningsrådet NFR):
a) HELSEVEL pilot projects to develop innovation projects for health-, care- and welfareservices. The studies shall lay the foundation for developing applications to innovation projects in public sector which is planned to be tendered with deadline in October 2016.
Deadline: 17 February 2016
b) Vision2030: Innovation in education and health to help combat poverty. The purpose of this call for project outlines is to obtain innovative project concepts for development assistance within health and education.
Deadline: 17 February 2016
c) NEW Integrating and opening research infrastructures of European interest. Open call to bring together, integrate on European scale, and open up key national and regional research infrastructures to all European researchers. It is possible to join already established consortia.
- Vaccine infrastructures
- Experimental facilities for animal disease and infectiology (including zoonoses)
- Centres for replacement, reduction and refinement (3 Rs) of non-human primate testing
- Research Infrastructures for the control of vector-borne diseases
Deadline: 30 March 2016
Selected H2020 deadlines 2016:
European Research Council (ERC) Frontier research grants
Consolidator Grants: are designed to support excellent Principal Investigators at the career stage at which they may still be consolidating their own independent research team or programme.
Deadline: 2 February 2016.
Pre-Announcement Advanced Grants: are designed to support excellent Principal Investigators at the career stage at which they are already established research leaders with a recognised track record of research achievements.
Deadline: 1 September 2016.
Marie Sklodovska-Curie Actions (MSCA) Excellent and innovative research training plus attractive career and knowledge-exchange opportunities through cross-border and cross-sector mobility, no thematic priorities.
Research and Innovation Staff Exchange (RISE): supports cooperation between academic and non-academic organisations within Europe and worldwide by funding short-term exchanges for staff (secondments).
Deadline: 28 April 2016
Info meeting: Research and Innovation Staff Exchange (RISE) 2016. 18 January, 2016 Oslo
Societal Challenges (SC): Collaborative breakthrough research and radical innovation
SC1-2016 Health, demographic change and wellbeing: Personalised medicine, single stage
The headline goal of the programme ‘Health, Demographic Change and Wellbeing’ is better health for all. Its main policy objectives are to improve health and wellbeing outcomes, to promote healthy and active ageing, to promote market growth, job creation, and the EU as a global leader in the health area.
- SC1-PM-01-2016:Multi omics for personalised therapies addressing diseases of the immune system
- SC1-PM-04-2016:Networking and optimising the use of population and patient cohorts at EU level
- SC1-PM-06-2016:Vaccine development for malaria and/or neglected infectious diseases
- SC1-PM-09-2016:New therapies for chronic diseases
- SC1-PM-11-2016-2017:Clinical research on regenerative medicine
- SC1-PM-21-2016:Implementation research for scaling-up of evidence based innovations and good practice in Europe and low- and middle-income countries
Deadline: 13 April 2016
SC1-PM-18-2016:Big Data supporting Public Health policies
Deadline: 16 February 2016
For more topics and infomation please check here.
Important! Please have a contact asap with Sumathi Subramaniam or Ramune Midttveit in the case you are planing to send an application for this Programme.
SC2-2016 Food security, sustainable agriculture and forestry, marine and maritime and inland water research and the bioeconomy: sustainable food security – resilient and resource-efficient value chains, two stage
Horizon 2020 – Complementary Calls
a) IMI 2 (Innovative Medicines Initiative 2) – Call 7 for proposals in now open and covers the following topics:
- Validation of translational imaging methods in drug safety assessment (TRISTAN)
- Identification of druggable targets modulating misfolded proteins in Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s diseases
- Pathological neuron-glia interactions in neuropathic pain
- Dry age-related macular degeneration: development of novel clinical endpoints for clinical trials with a regulatory and patient access intention
- A comprehensive ‘pediatric preclinical POC platform’ to enable clinical molecule development for children with cancer
Deadline: 17 March 2016
Sign up for the webinars on IMI 2 – Call 7
b) COST Action: open Call – funding for research networks. Proposals should reflect the main characteristics of COST Actions, namely providing for knowledge sharing, creation and application, being open and output-oriented while aiming at strengthening the scientific and technological basis of the proposed topic(s).
New Deadline: 23 February 2016
c) Eurostars2 Call 5: Funding for research and innovation with small and medium enterprises. Eurostars supports R&D-performing SMEs and their partners by funding collaborative innovation projects that will be rapidly commercialised. It encourages and assists the development of new products, processes and services by offering support and funding to help innovations to access regional, national and international markets. Info from RCN.
Deadline: 18 February 2016
d) The 2nd Joint Call for ERANet-LAC – Network of the European Union, Latin America and the Caribbean Countries on Joint Innovation and Research Activities. The goal is to strengthen the bi-regional partnership in Science, Technology and Innovation by planning and implementing concrete joint activities and by creating a sustainable framework for future bi-regional joint activities. Relevant topics:
Topic 7: Cancer – Improving the quality of care and quality of life of dying cancer patients
Topic 8: Research in prevention of infectious diseases and promotion of well-being
Topic 9: (ICT in relation with HEALTH): Improving wellbeing and inclusiveness through e-health, m-health, and active and assisted living (AAL) solutions
More info on RCN webpage.
Deadline: 10 March 2016.
e) NEW EuroNanoMed II Joint Transnational Call for Proposals: Funding is available under the NANO2021 programme for Norwegian participation in all three thematic areas of the EuroNanoMed II call: Regenerative medicine; Diagnostics; Targeted delivery systems. More info on RCN webpage
Deadline: 11 February 2016
f) Call is open! The EU Joint Programme – Neurodegenerative Disease Research (JPND) launched a rapid-action call for working groups on brain imaging methods. The call aims to support the field’s leading scientists in advancing novel approaches that will enhance the use of imaging for neurodegenerative disease research.
Deadline: 10 March 2016
g) Pre-Announcement JPI-EC-AMR. 3rd Call ERAnet: Transmission Dynamics. Call will support multidisciplinary research networks to conduct collaborative and complementary studies that will unravel the complex dynamics of selection and transmission of antimicrobial resistance to understand the mechanisms that contribute to the spread of resistance.
Deadline: for pre-proposals 21 March 2016
h) ERA-IB-2 7th joint call for proposals: Industrial biotechnology for Europe. The main purpose of the call is to generate joint European research and development activities in the field of Industrial Biotechnology addressed by synthetic biology/biotechnology approaches.
Deadline: 1 February 2016
h) Pre-Announcement: AAL (Active and assisted living) announces the challenge for the AAL 2016 Call for proposals of the AAL Programme: “Living well with dementia. The contribution of ICT to integrated solutions for enabling the wellbeing of people living with dementia and their communities”.
Deadline: Call will be lunched at the end of February 2016
i) Pre-Announcement: the first joint transnational ERA-Net call on Cardiovascular Diseases – ERA-CV. The aim of the call will be to enable scientists to build an effective collaboration on common interdisciplinary research projects based on complementarities and sharing of expertise in the field of Heart Failure, with a clear translational research approach.
Deadline: 8 March 2016 (stage 1), 17 June (stage 2)
Read more (information and routines for application): http://www.uib.no/en/horizon2020
PES (Project establishment support) and POS (posisjoneringsmidler) for Horizon2020 applicants (Norges Forskningsråd/UiB): open-ended during Horizon2020 Call period.
4. K.G. Jebsen Centres for Medical Research – Call 2016
Improved translation of results from pathogenesis of diseases, diagnostics and therapy: multidirectional integration of basic research, patient-oriented research, and population-based research. MOF/UiB and Haukeland University Hospital can nominate 4 centre applications in total. Collaboration is encouraged.
Deadline: Prequalification (2 pages project description + 3 pages CVs: center leader and group leaders) 22 January (MOF), full proposal 11 April 2016.
5. The Novo Nordisk Foundation
Call for: Excellence project endocrinological research – Nordic region. The objective is to support excellent research projects for young researchers (PhD within the past 7 years) within the fields of basic, translational and/or clinical endocrinology research. The Novo Nordisk Foundation will award up to four 5-year excellence projects in 2016.
Deadline (for letters of intent): 21 January 2016
6. Peder Sather Grant Application 2016
Approximately $400,000 for 1-year projects in collaboration with the University of California, Berkeley: workshops, virtual intellectual exchanges, exploratory and pilot studies, PhD student exchanges, longer-term stays for principal investigators, collection and analysis of data and other core research activities. Applications from all fields and disciplines are welcomed.
Deadline: 1 March 2015
7. NEW EEA/Norway Grants
- Mobility projects in other educational institutions and education related institutions
Deadline: 15 February 2016
- Inter-institutional cooperation projects between higher education institutions
Deadline: 1 March 2016
Funding for cooperation in higher education
Nordplus Horizontal Programme
Workshops, conferences, studies and innovative courses within education and lifelong learning across sectors. Targets all institutions, organisations and other actors working within education and lifelong learning.
Deadline: 2 March 2016
ERASMUS+ (via SIU)
ERASMUS+ page/Programme Guide
1) Strategic partnerships. Transnational projects enhancing the quality and innovativeness of learning and teaching, developing new curricula, building bridges between the different sectors of education and fostering more intense forms of cooperation to achieve the modernisation objectives, including a better exploitation of open education resources. Minimum of three organisations from three different Programme Countries.
Deadline: 31 March 2016
2) Mobility Programmes:
- Staff Mobility
Employees at a higher education institutions (techn.-administrative, PhD students) can get support for teaching or training stays at an institution in a partner country outside the EU/EEA. 5 days up to 2 months.
- Student mobility
Students can get support to study abroad in partner countries outside the EU / EEA as an integral part of their education . It may be a study or internship and can be included in all levels of study ( bachelor, master and PhD). Duration between 3 and 12 months.
Deadline: 2 February 2016
P.S: UiB information: http://www.uib.no/foransatte/17235/internasjonalisering#
Erasmus+ coordinator UiB: Kristin Torp Skogedal, telefon 55 58 90 26
3) Capacity building
Through Erasmus + capacity building projects, higher education institutions and organizations that are committed to higher education from program countries and selected partner countries, can cooperate on capacity building. The projects may be aimed at institutional level or system level.
Deadline: 10 February 2016
Fellowships and Personal Grants
Research on the molecular mechanisms of life at all levels.
Deadline: throughout the year.
Deadline: 12 February 2016
c) ERS/EMBO Long-term fellowships are basic science fellowships in respiratory science with a research project in molecular biology.
Deadline: 31 January 2016
- First annual conference of the Scientific Panel for Health: “Better research for better health, a holistic approach to challenges and opportunities”. 21 January 2016, Brussels
- Conference on mental health and alcohol and drug research. 1-3 February, Oslo
- Swiss-Scandinavian Bio-Business Seminar 2016: Focus on Biotech, Pharma, Medical Technology. 10 February 2016, Zürich, Switzerland
- NEW4. Lanseringsseminar for BEDREHELSE og BEHANDLING. 17 February, Oslo
- Conference: 8th European Conference on Comparative Neurobiology (ECCN). April 7 – 9, 2016, Munich
- 2nd Symposium of the Bridging Nordic Imaging Network and the 1st Cellular Imaging workshop, 14-15 April 2016 Gothenburg, Sweden