Publication fund for Open Access at the University of Bergen
UoB has established a publication fund in order to support Open Access publishing for a trial period lasting from 2013 to 2015. In 2014 the publication fund has received 1,8 million NOK.
Employees, PhD-candidates and master students can apply for funding to cover Open Access Article Processing Charges (APC) here.
The main principles for support are:
– Only corresponding authors who are affiliated to UoB as employees, PhD-candidates or master students can apply for funding.
– The publication must be available Open Access with a Creative Commons license, immediately after publication.
– The fund supports both publishing in Open Access journals (gold) and paying to make individual articles in traditional journals Open Access (hybrid).
– The publication must be approved on level 1 or 2 in the Norwegian register of scientific journals, series and publishers (DBH), or documented as registered. The publication has to be peer reviewed.
– The fund is meant to support scientific journal articles. However, it is also possible to apply for funding of other scientific publications, like books, if there exists Open Access publication channels of high quality.
If you would like the University Library to come to your department to inform about the publication fund, please contact us. All other questions can also be directed to this address.