Her er ukens søknadsfrister
Current research funding announcements/deadlines (external)
- Research Council of Norway (Forskningsrådet NFR):
Pre-announcement FRIMEDBIO The funding scheme for independent projects (FRIPRO) comprises a national competitive arena for research funding for projects in all fields and disciplines. There will be funding for Researcher Projects, Young Research alents, FRIPRO Mobility Grants and Support for Event.
Deadline: 25 April 2018
- trinn søknadsfrist 09.06.2017Fullstendig utlysning fra EuroNanoMed III planlegges publisert 14.11.2016.Søknadsprosessen vil ha to trinn:2. Horizon 2020 – several Calls Selected H2020 deadlines 2017:
European Research Council (ERC) Frontier research grants
- a) Synergy Grant ERC Synergy Grants are intended to enable minimum two to maximum four Principal Investigators and their teams to bring together complementary skills, knowledge, and resources in new ways, in order to jointly address ambitious research problems.
Deadline: 14 November 2017
The aim of this grant is to give the most prominent junior researchers the opportunity to consolidate their research, and to expand and broaden their research activities.
Deadline: 15 February 2018
Marie Sklodovska-Curie Actions (MSCA) Excellent and innovative research training plus attractive career and knowledge-exchange opportunities through cross-border and cross-sector mobility, no thematic priorities.
The Innovative Training Networks (ITN) aim to train a new generation of creative, entrepreneurial and innovative early-stage researchers, able to face current and future challenges and to convert knowledge and ideas into products and services for economic and social benefit.
Deadline: 17 January 2018.
New Societal Challenges (SC): Collaborative breakthrough research and radical innovation
Pre-announcement Selected deadlines calls:
SC1-2018-2020: Health, demographic change and wellbeing
Call: Digital Transformation in health and care
Call: Better health and care, economic growth and sustainable health systems
SC1-BHC-21-2018: Research on HIV, tuberculosis (TB) and/or hepatitis C (HCV) in patients with mono-, co-infections and/or comorbidities in the context of fostering collaboration with the Russian Federation
Deadline: 18 April 2018. Deadline for pre-projects in two-stage proposals is 2 October 2018
Spreading excellence and widening participation through engaging organisations of those countries which could commit more towards the EU research and innovation effort.
Twinning WIDESPREAD-05-2017: The specific challenge is to address networking gaps and deficiencies between the research institutions of the Widening countries and internationally-leading counterparts at EU level. CSA Coordination and support action.
Deadline: 15 November 2017
Horizon 2020 – Complementary Calls:
COST Action: COST (European Cooperation in Science and Technology) brings together European researchers, engineers and scholars from different COST countries to jointly develop their own ideas and new initiatives across all science and technology fields through trans-European cooperation. COST does not fund research itself, but provides exciting opportunities for cooperation and networking on an European Level.
Deadline: 25 April 2018
- a) PES and POS (Project establishment support) and POS (posisjoneringsmidler) for Horizon2020 applicants is available during Horizon2020 Call period. Each H2020 coordinator-submitted, and formally approved/eligible proposal, will receive a PES grant without submitting a PES-application. Each submitted and formally approved/eligible partner proposal will receive a minimum of NOK 20,000 without submitting a PES-application.
You can apply for POS support by filling in POS application form (which is given on the above linked page) and sending it to Kristin.Hansen@uib.no.
On the following page the local contact points are listed where every call has a responsible research advisor. You can contact them or faculty advisors, Ramune Midttveit, Itana Sloper-Krivokapic and Amra Grudic-Feta
- Call: YoungCAS Summer 2018 YoungCAS offers a unique opportunity for postdocs and other young scholars to do group-based research with colleagues from around the world during a one-week stay in Oslo.
Deadline: 13 November 2017
New 5. INCOBRA call for EU-Brazil Cooperation Networks. The main objective of this call is to foster and strengthen the mutual cooperation of Brazilian and European R&I actors through the support of bilateral networks by providing a grant (€19,500) for the implementation of mutual bilateral visits and workshops.
Deadline: 15 December 2017
- Upcoming call Centre for Advanced Study (CAS) The agreement between UiB and CAS gives researchers with a permanent scientific position an opportunity to apply for their own research group for a one-year stay at the center. They choose their own theme and specialization, and invite researchers from all over the world to participate in the project.
Deadline: 15 January 2018
New 7. Novo Nordisk Foundation: the Excellence projects for young researchers doing excellent research projects within the fields of basic, translational and/or clinical endocrinology or metabolism research. The Foundation will award up to four 5-years projects.
Deadline: 30 January 2018
- EDCTP is launching 11 calls for proposals in 2017 to support clinical research and capacity building in sub-Saharan Africa. Proposals are invited for the following topics:
- Ethics and regulatory capacities
- Career Development Fellowships
- EDCTP-TDR Clinical Research and Development Fellowships
- Senior Fellowships
- Senior Fellowships for co-morbidities between poverty-related diseases (PRDs) and non-communicable diseases (NCDs)
Deadlines: from 21 November 2017 to 2 February 2018
- 9. EEA
Polish-Norwegian Research Programme: the activities funded under this call should aim at planning of joint research undertakings, joint proposals to be submitted under Horizon 2020 and other international R&D funding programmes.
Deadline: 31 December 2017
- 10. Barnekreftforeningen wants to support relevant projects in children oncology where the results of the projects are going to benefit children in Norway.
Deadline: 1 December 2017
New 11. Nasjonalforeningen for folkehelsen: Through the National Association for Public Health’s Dementia Research Program, it is now possible to apply up to 300,000 NOK to strengthen ongoing research and/or contribute to research networks within dementia.
Deadline: 8 December 2017
Fellowships and Personal Grants
Research on the molecular mechanisms of life at all levels.
Deadline: throughout the year.
Short-term Short-Term Fellowships fund research exchanges of up to three months between laboratories in eligible countries.
Long-term The EMBO Long-Term Fellowships are awarded for a period of up to two years and support post-doctoral research visits to laboratories throughout Europe and the world.
- 2. Harkness Fellowship The Commonwealth Fund’s Harkness Fellowships in Health Care Policy and Practice provide a unique opportunity for mid-career health services researchers and practitioners to spend up to 12 months in the United States, conducting original research and working with leading U.S. health policy experts.
Deadline: 13 November 2017
New 3. INT-BILAT Post-doctoral fellowships in Japan. On behalf of the Japan Society for the Promotion of Science (JSPS), the Research Council is announcing funding for two post-doctoral research fellowships in Japan in all fields of the humanities, social sciences, natural sciences and technology
Deadline: 22 November 2017
- The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson’s Research: The Edmond J. Safra Fellowship in Movement Disorders The goal is to develop a network of highly trained clinician-researchers — the next generation of leaders in Parkinson’s patient-relevant drug development and expert clinical care.
Deadline: 6 December 2017
New 5. Novo Nordisk Foundation: postdoctoral fellowships within endocrinology/metabolism at international elite research environments. The fellowship offers an opportunity to carry out a research project where a minimum of 3 years are dedicated to work at a university, hospital or other research institution abroad, followed by up to 1 year at a university, hospital or other research institution in a Nordic country.
- GLAM Workshop: Key Enabling Technologies for Better Cancer Diagnosis aims at bringing together experts from the field of photonics, nanomedicine, micro-nano-bio systems and translational medicine and healthcare. University of Tel Aviv, 7 November 2017
- 2. Healthcare Brokerage Event MEDICA 2017 The aim is to assist enterprises, universities and research institutions in finding partners in Europe for product development, manufacturing and licensing agreements, joint ventures or other types of partnership, Dusseldorf, Germany, 14-16 November 2017 Registration
- 3. 4th Conference of Joint Programme Initiative – Healthy Diet for Healthy Life (JPI HDHL ) , Brussels, 1 December,
- 4. Info Day, Horizon 2020 – ‘Health, demographic change and wellbeing’, 8 December 2017, Brussels, Belgium. Registration
- 5. New link! Horizon 2020 – Health Partnering Day 2017 Health NCP Net 2.0 is organizing a free of charge Partnering event, meant to assist you in finding the right partners for the upcoming 2018 calls.
7 December 2017, Brussels. Registration until 5 November 2017.
Funding for cooperation in higher education
Research and Innovation in the Educational Sector (FINNUT) (Link in Norwegian)
- Announced: 72 million NOK for research project about and for the education sector (final call on 10 October 2017). Funding available for research projects that will contribute to the renewal of education research through international and interdisciplinary research cooperation.
- Deadline: 22 November 2017 (13:00)
- Announced: 24 million NOK for young research talents about and for the education sector (final call on 10 October 2017). Funding available for young researchers with research projects that can contribute to the renewal and development of education research. Deadline: 1 December 2017NEW DNSZ Seed Money 2018 (Link in Norwegian)Deadline: 8 December 2017EURASIA Programme (Three-year projects) (Link in Norwegian)Deadline: 15 December 2017 (15:00)NEW Capacity Building in the Field of Higher Education 2018Advisory body: SIU (Link in Norwegian) E+ Joint Master Degrees aims to promote cooperation to increase academic quality and that this in turn will increase attractiveness towards students, primarily from countries outside Europe. Knowledge Alliances between higher education institutions and enterprises aim to foster innovation, entrepreneurship, creativity, employability, knowledge exchange and/or multidisciplinary teaching and learning. Deadline: 28 February 2018Continuing deadlinesScholarship for research stay abroad for PhD candidates and Post Doctors (Link in Norwegian) Globalink allows for the Norwegian and Canadian master’s and PhD students can apply for CAD 15.000 to conduct research practice in a business in the partner country.Nærings-ph.d. (Industrial PhD)Overseas research grants under the Industrial PhD Scheme The overall objectives are to increase long-term and relevant capacity building and research in the public sector, increase recruitment of researchers to the public sector and promote greater interaction between academia and the public sector. Deadline: ContinuingFunding for companies with employees seeking to pursue a doctoral degree Deadline: ContinuingResearch and Innovation in the Educational Sector (FINNUT) (Link in Norwegian)Deadline: ContinuingMobility grants North America in educational research (UTNAM)Deadline: Continuing
- The aim of the mobility grant is to contribute to increased cooperation between Norwegian and North American educational researchers through supporting visits to Norway for the purpose of research or dissemination for top North American educational researchers. The scheme will also contribute to the dissemination of results of North American research to Norway and furthermore contribute to competence building in Norwegian research communities. Grants will be awarded for visits of shorter or longer duration.
- FINNUT is a long-term programme for research and innovation in the educational sector. The programme funds research on a wide spectrum from early childhood education and care to higher education and adult Learning.
- Funding is available for new candidates under the Industrial Ph.D. scheme, with project start-up in 2016. Grant proposals are not confined to particular thematic areas or industries.
- Overseas research grants under the Public PhD Scheme (Link in Norwegian)
- Offentlig ph.d. (OFFPHD)
- Deadline: Continuing
- The overall objectives are to increase the recruitment of researchers to Norwegian industry, to boost long-term competence building and increase research efforts in business and industry and to enhance interaction between academia and industry.
- Globallink – Scholarships to Canada (Link in Norwegian)
- The offer for a scholarship for research stays abroad applies to PhD candidates and Post Doctors in projects with full or partial funding for the Research Council for a minimum of 24 months. The research stays abroad may last for a minimum of 3 months and a maximum of 12 months.
- Advisory body: SIU (Link in Norwegian)
- NEW Erasmus+ Knowledge Alliances
- Deadline: 15 February 2017
- NEW E+ Joint Master Degrees (Link in Norwegian)
- Deadline: 8 February 2018
- This action which aims to support the modernisation, accessibility and internationalisation of higher education in the Partner Countries is to be carried out in the context of the priorities identified in the Communications “Increasing the impact of EU Development Policy: an Agenda for Change” and “European Higher Education in the World”.
- The Eurasia Programme supports project cooperation between institutions in Norway and Armenia, Ukraine, Moldova, Georgia, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan and Tajikistan.
- The German-Norwegian Study Centre in Kiel (DNSZ) provides funds within the framework of its Seed Money Budget, in order to support cooperation between German and Norwegian academics in all fields. The present call for proposals applies to projects that are to be realised in the period August 2017 until March 2018.
- Melzers project fellowships for students and PhD candidates (Link in Norwegian)
- Deadline: 22 November 2017 (13:00)