Her finner du ukens søknadsfrister:
Current research funding announcements/deadlines (external)
1. Research Council of Norway (Forskningsrådet NFR):
a) IARC-Norway collaboration: post-doctoral position with mandatory overseas stay (POSTDOC-IARC). The call aims to strengthen the collaboration between Norway and the International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC) within priority high quality cancer research areas by funding of a 3-year post-doctoral position, of which the two first years are to be based at IARC in Lyon, France
Deadline: 7 September 2016
b) NEW DAAD-programme – researcher exchange between Norway and Germany (IS-DAAD)
The goal is establishing and expanding the contact between educational and research institutions in Norway and Germany. Grant applications are being accepted from Norwegian scientific staff/groups (normally 2-4 members) of researchers for funding for short-term stays (2-4 weeks) in Germany for the purpose of launching and developing new joint research projects.
Deadline: 7 September 2016
2. Horizon 2020 – several Calls
Selected H2020 deadlines 2016:
European Research Council (ERC) Frontier research grants
Pre-Announcement Advanced Grants: are designed to support excellent Principal Investigators at the career stage at which they are already established research leaders with a recognised track record of research achievements.
Deadline: 1 September 2016.
A course for ERC Advanced Grants at UiB: External consultants from Beacontech in Tel Aviv, Israel, who have a very good track record of success with ERC will held the course. As a special service you can book individual sessions with the consultants after lunch to discuss and shape your idea and get feedback on your CV and track record presentation. Date: 9 June, UiB Bergen
Please register using a form to help FA plan the day accordingly.
Marie Sklodovska-Curie Actions (MSCA) Excellent and innovative research training plus attractive career and knowledge-exchange opportunities through cross-border and cross-sector mobility, no thematic priorities.
Individual Fellowships (IF): aims to help experienced researchers to advance their careers and gain new skills through advanced training, international mobility, and optional intersectoral secondments. The host organization can be universities and research institutes in addition to a company or other non-academic sector organizations.
Deadline: 14 September 2016
COFUND Action: Call for multi-annual proposals for new or existing doctoral programmes or fellowship programmes (for researchers on a postdoctoral level) that may be run at regional, national or international level.
Deadline: 29 September 2016
Societal Challenges (SC): Collaborative breakthrough research and radical innovation
Pre-announcement SC1-2017 Health, demographic change and wellbeing: Personalised medicine, two-stage
The headline goal of the programme ‘Health, Demographic Change and Wellbeing’ is better health for all. Its main policy objectives are to improve health and wellbeing outcomes, to promote healthy and active ageing, to promote market growth, job creation, and the EU as a global leader in the health area.
- SC1-PM-02-2017 New concepts in patient stratification
- SC1-PM-07-2017 Promoting mental health and well-being in the young
- SC1-PM-08-2017 New therapies for rare diseases
- SC1-PM-10-2017 Comparing the effectiveness of existing healthcare interventions in the adult population
Deadline: 4 October 2016
Horizon 2020 – Complementary Calls
a) COST Action: open Call – funding for research networks. Proposals should reflect the main characteristics of COST Actions, namely providing for knowledge sharing, creation and application, being open and output-oriented while aiming at strengthening the scientific and technological basis of the proposed topic(s).
Deadline: 1 December 2016
b) IMI 2 (Innovative Medicines Initiative 2) – Call 9
- Addressing the clinical burden of Clostridium difficile infection (CDI): evaluation of the burden, current practices and set up of a European research platform
- (part of the IMI New Drugs for Bad Bugs (ND4BB) programme)
- Development of immune tolerance therapies for the treatment of rheumatic diseases
- Data quality in preclinical research and development
- Next generation of electronic translational safety – NEXGETS
- Identification and validation of non-invasive markers across the spectrum of nonalcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD)
- Joint influenza vaccine effectiveness surveillance studies
Deadline: 26 July 2016
c) The JPIAMR (Joint Programming Initiative on Antimicrobial Resistance), in partnership with 8 European countries (Belgium, France, Germany, Netherlands, Norway, Spain, Sweden and the UK), and Canada, is launching a fourth joint call for working group proposals.
Deadline: 6 June 2016
d) M-era.Net call 2016. The aim is to fund ambitious transnational RTD projects addressing materials research and innovation including materials for low carbon energy technologies and related production technologies. Relevant thematic area: Interfaces between materials and biological hosts for health applications. Info from RCN (NANO2021).
Deadline: 14 June 2016
Read more (information and routines for application): http://www.uib.no/en/horizon2020
PES (Project establishment support) and POS (posisjoneringsmidler) for Horizon2020 applicants (Norges Forskningsråd/UiB): open-ended during Horizon2020 Call period.
4. EEA/Norway Grants
a) Estonia – Public health initiatives: call for bilateral funds.
Deadline: 1 November 2016
b) Poland – Public health initiatives: Reducing social inequalities in health
Deadline: 30 June 2016
c) Poland-Norway scholarship: study visits – call for proposals
Deadline: 6 June 2016
d) Romania-Norway scholarship: call for bilateral cooperation, study visits.
Deadline: 31 October 2016
5. Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinsons’s research
Research within three different programmes will be funded:
- Target Adevancment Program: one to two years grants, $100.000 to $200.000 per project
- Therapeutic Pipeline Program, up to three years of funding, budget is not limited, MJFF will commit up to $10 million to the program
- Outcome Measures Program, one to three years grant, budget is not limited, MJFF will commit up to $4 million to the program
Deadline: 1 July 2016
Funding for cooperation in higher education
Intra-African Academic Mobility Scheme 2016
The programme’s specific objective is to improve the skills and competences of students and staff through enhanced intra-African mobility. The proposed partnership must include between four and six African higher education institutions as partners (including the main applicant) and one technical partner from the EU holding the Erasmus Charter for Higher Education.
Deadline: 15 June 2016 (12:00)
NORPART (The Norwegian Partnership Programme for Global Academic Cooperation)
NORPART supports academic partnerships and student mobility with an emphasis on Master and PhD level between higher education institutions in Norway and selected developing countries.
Deadline: 5 September 2016 (15:00)
EURASIA Programme (Long-term projects)
The Eurasia Programme supports project cooperation between institutions in Norway and Ukraine, Moldova, Georgia, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan and Tajikistan. The Eurasia Programme currently has three open calls:
- Long-term projects (project period from 1 January 2017 – 31 December 2019)
Deadline: 5 September 2016 (15:00)
EURASIA Programme (Short-term projects)
The Eurasia Programme supports project cooperation between institutions in Norway and Ukraine, Moldova, Georgia, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan and Tajikistan.
- Short-term projects (project period from 1 January 2017 – 31 December 2018)
Deadline: 17 October 2016 (15:00)
Partnership Programme with North America (Short-term projects)
The programme supports scientific collaborations and aims to establish durable and scientifically founded collaborations with Canada and the USA. Main partner in Norway and in Canada and/or the USA must be HEI with accredited education programmes. At least 50 % of the grands will be awarded to projects that include network partners from the employment and business sector.
Deadline long-term projects: 17 October 2016
UTFORSK (Short-term projects)
The main objective of the UTFORSK Partnership Programme is to promote cooperation on higher education with Brazil, China, India, Japan, Russia and South Africa.
Deadline short-term projects: 17 October 2016
High North Programme (Nordområdeprogrammet 2013-2018) (Short-term projects)
The overall goal of the High North Programme is to expand, strengthen and disseminate knowledge about or relevant to the High North. The overall goal of the High North Programme is to expand, strengthen and disseminate knowledge about or relevant to the High North.
Deadline long-term projects: 17 October 2016 (15.00)
Prosjektetableringsstøtte (PES) 2016 – sentraliserte tiltak under Erasmus+
For å bidra til økt norsk deltakelse og gevinst fra Erasmus+ lyser SIU ut ca. 1 million kroner til dekning av prosjektetableringskostnader for norske institusjoner, organisasjoner og bedrifter som ønsker å utvikle en prosjektsøknad innenfor et av følgende sentraliserte tiltak under Erasmus+:
Kunnskapsallianser, Sektorallianser, Kapasitetsbygging, Fellesgrader, Jean Monnet, Idrett. Se satser på SIUs nettsider.
Deadline: 1 November 2016 (12.00)
Nærings-ph.d. (Industrial PhD)
Forskningsrådet gir støtte til bedrifter med ansatte som ønsker å ta doktorgrad. Ordningens overordnede målsettinger er økt forskerrekruttering i næringslivet, økt langsiktig kompetansebygging og forskningsinnsats i næringslivet og økt samspill mellom akademia og næringsliv.
English: Click here for more information about Industrial PhDs
Program for forskning og innovasjon i utdanningssektoren (2014-2023) (FINNUT)
FINNUT skal utvikle kunnskap av høy kvalitet og relevans for politikkutforming, forvaltning, praksisfelt og den enkelte, bidra til fornyelse av forskningsfeltet og medvirke til innovasjon i utdanningssektoren.
Deadline other projects: Continuing
Fellowships and Personal Grants
1. EMBO (European Molecular Biology Organization) Fellowships
Research on the molecular mechanisms of life at all levels.
Deadline: throughout the year.
2. Novo Nordisk Foundation
Postdoctoral fellowship program within endocrinology/ metabolism at international elite research invironments. The fellowship offers an opportunity to carry out a research project where a minimum of 3 years are dedicated to work at a university, hospital or other research institution abroad, followed by up to 1 year at a home Nordic research institution. Up to 6 fellowships will be funded.
Deadline: 5 July 2016
- eHealth Week 2016: This year’s educational programme will focus on three main themes: Empowering People, Trust & Standards and Innovation & Transition, 8-10 June, Amsterdam
- A course for ERC Starting and Consolidator applicants for the 2017 or 2018 calls in Bergen on August 17th. The course will be given by Beacontech and will consist of a half-day course plus the possibility to meet the consultants individually. Lunch will be provided, the course will take place at Hotel Ørnen in the center of Bergen. Registration is open.
- Workshop for Nasjonal forskningsinfrastruktur 2016. 8 June, Oslo
- Two Food and Health related Stakeholder Events: Best practice in health claims – BACCHUS workshop, 10 June 2016, Brussels
- ERRIN Project day – 2017 Nanotechnology and ICT calls for proposals. 21 June 2016, Brussels
- Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions (MSCA) FORUM. The objective of this event is to discuss the role of MSCA in supporting researchers to develop their careers outside academia and in businesses in particular. 29 June Brussels
- Info Day, Horizon 2020 – ‘Health, demographic change and wellbeing’. 8 July 2016, Brussels
- Conference on seafood and health, 14-15 September, Bergen.
- Life Sciences Baltics Forum from world-class biotechnology, pharmaceutical and medical devices experts from all around the world. MeetNobel prize winners, 800 key sector players and decision makers from more than 30 countries. Vilnius, 14-15 September 2016