Her finner du ukens søknadsfrister:
Current research funding announcements/deadlines (external)
1. Research Council of Norway (Forskningsrådet NFR):
NEW Pre-Announcement: HELSEVEL Forprosjekter for Innovasjonsprosjekter i offentlig sektor. More information is coming soon.
Deadline: 17 February 2016
Selected H2020 deadlines 2015:
European Research Council (ERC) Frontier research grants
Consolidator Grant: are designed to support excellent Principal Investigators at the career stage at which they may still be consolidating their own independent research team or programme.
Deadline: 2 February 2016.
Marie Sklodovska-Curie Actions (MSCA) Excellent and innovative research training plus attractive career and knowledge-exchange opportunities through cross-border and cross-sector mobility, no thematic priorities.
Innovative Training Networks (ITN): International doctoral training networks with inter-sectoral mobility.
Deadline: 12 January 2016
Societal Challenges (SC): Collaborative breakthrough research and radical innovation
SC1-2016 Health, demographic change and wellbeing: Personalised medicine, single stage
The headline goal of the programme ‘Health, Demographic Change and Wellbeing’ is better health for all. Its main policy objectives are to improve health and wellbeing outcomes, to promote healthy and active ageing, to promote market growth, job creation, and the EU as a global leader in the health area.
- SC1-PM-01-2016:Multi omics for personalised therapies addressing diseases of the immune system
- SC1-PM-04-2016:Networking and optimising the use of population and patient cohorts at EU level
- SC1-PM-06-2016:Vaccine development for malaria and/or neglected infectious diseases
- SC1-PM-09-2016:New therapies for chronic diseases
- SC1-PM-11-2016-2017:Clinical research on regenerative medicine
- SC1-PM-21-2016:Implementation research for scaling-up of evidence based innovations and good practice in Europe and low- and middle-income countries
Deadline: 13 April 2016
SC1-PM-18-2016:Big Data supporting Public Health policies
Deadline: 16 February 2016
For more topics and infomation please check here.
SC2-2016 Food security, sustainable agriculture and forestry, marine and maritime and inland water research and the bioeconomy: sustainable food security – resilient and resource-efficient value chains, two stage
Horizon 2020 – Complementary Calls
a) IMI 2 (Innovative Medicines Initiative 2) – Call 6 for proposals in now open and covers the following topics:
- Development of Quantitative System Toxicology (QST) approaches to improve the understanding of the safety of new medicines
- Establishing impact of respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) infection, resultant disease and public health approach to reducing the consequences
There are also 2 topics called for under the ‘Big Data for Better Outcomes programme:
- Real World Outcomes across the Alzheimer’s disease (AD) Spectrums (ROADS) to Better Care
- Development of an outcomes-focused platform to empower policy makers and clinicians to optimise care for patients with haematologic malignancies.
Deadline: 12 January 2016
b) COST Action: open Call – funding for research networks. Proposals should reflect the main characteristics of COST Actions, namely providing for knowledge sharing, creation and application, being open and output-oriented while aiming at strengthening the scientific and technological basis of the proposed topic(s).
Deadline: 9 February 2016
c) NEW Eurostars2 Call 5: Funding for research and innovation with small and medium enterprises. Eurostars supports R&D-performing SMEs and their partners by funding collaborative innovation projects that will be rapidly commercialised. It encourages and assists the development of new products, processes and services by offering support and funding to help innovations to access regional, national and international markets. Info from RCN.
Deadline: 18 February 2016
d) Pre-Announcement: The 2nd Joint Call for ERANet-LAC – Network of the European Union, Latin America and the Caribbean Countries on Joint Innovation and Research Activities. The goal is to strengthen the bi-regional partnership in Science, Technology and Innovation by planning and implementing concrete joint activities and by creating a sustainable framework for future bi-regional joint activities. Relevant topics:
Topic 7: Cancer – Improving the quality of care and quality of life of dying cancer patients
Topic 9: (ICT in relation with HEALTH): Improving wellbeing and inclusiveness through e-health, m-health, and active and assisted living (AAL) solutions
Deadline: 10 March 2016. Call will be launched 1 December 2015
e) NEW Pre-Announcement of JPND Call in Early 2016 The EU Joint Programme – Neurodegenerative Disease Research (JPND) will shortly begin another action to support working groups on “Harmonisation and Alignment in Brain Imaging Methods for Neurodegeneration”. Call launch date is in January.
Deadline: March 2016
f) Pre-Announcement JPI-EC-AMR. 3rd Call ERAnet: Transmission Dynamics. Call will support multidisciplinary research networks to conduct collaborative and complementary studies that will unravel the complex dynamics of selection and transmission of antimicrobial resistance to understand the mechanisms that contribute to the spread of resistance.
Deadline: Call opens in January 2016
g) ERA-IB-2 7th joint call for proposals: Industrial biotechnology for Europe. The main purpose of the call is to generate joint European research and development activities in the field of Industrial Biotechnology addressed by synthetic biology/biotechnology approaches.
Deadline: 1 February 2016
Read more (information and routines for application): http://www.uib.no/en/horizon2020
PES (Project establishment support) and POS (posisjoneringsmidler) for Horizon2020 applicants (Norges Forskningsråd/UiB): open-ended during Horizon2020 Call period.
4. EEA/Norway Grants
a) Slovenia Scholarship: Call for Mobility Projects and Inter-institutional Cooperation Projects Deadline: 1 December 2015
b) Bulgaria Scholarship: Fifth Call Mobility Projects in Higher Education
Deadline: 23 December 2015
Fellowships and Personal Grants
Research on the molecular mechanisms of life at all levels.
a) Short-term (postdocs and advanced PhD students) fellowships fund research visits of up to three months to laboratories in Europe and elsewhere in the world. The aim is to facilitate valuable collaborations with research groups applying techniques that are unavailable in the applicant’s laboratory.
Deadline: throughout the year.
b) ERS/EMBO Long-term fellowships are basic science fellowships in respiratory science with a research project in molecular biology.
Deadline: 31 January 2016
2. PhD fellowships in Hon Kong. The Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme (HKPFS) aims at attracting the best and brightest students in the world to pursue their PhD studies in Hong Kong’s institutions.
Deadline: 1 December 2015
3. 8 PostDoc fellowships in cardiovascular research (CNIC, Spain). The programme has been designed to support transnational mobility of researchers and to broaden and deepen their individual competence, particularly in terms of acquisition of complementary skills needed to become an independent group leader in the future.
Deadline: 23 December 2015
4. IBSA Foundation Fellowships Call 2015: offers fellowships of 24’000 Euros to under 35 years of age researchers, PhD students and MDs in 5 research fields: both basic and clinic endocrinology, fertility, dermathology, reumathology, pain medicine.
Deadline: 31 December 2015
- Workshop – how to make your ERC proposal more competitive, 2 December 2015 UiO Oslo
- Webinar on funding opportunities in Marie Sklodowska-Curie Actions, Future Emerging Technologies and Research Infrastructures in 2016/2017. 7 December 13:30-14:30
- The ECRIN meeting–Conducting Independent, Multinational Clinical Trials in Europe. December 7-8 2015 Paris.
- Conference on mental health and alcohol and drug research. 1-3 February, Oslo
- Conference: 8th European Conference on Comparative Neurobiology (ECCN). April 7 – 9, 2016, Munich
- 2nd Symposium of the Bridging Nordic Imaging Network and the 1st Cellular Imaging workshop, 14-15 April 2016 Gothenburg, Sweden